[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geneva, thanks for reading my blog. It was GREAT to see that huge quilt hanging at the Featured Artist Show.
    JoJo, you just discovered what didn't work. Maybe the next foray will be what will work!

I finished a little project. It is 15" x 10". The photo is the background that was my start!
    http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/10/falq4terryknott-finish-2.html

Comment

Originally posted by "quilting00" post=138471
      Great post, Betty Jo!
      I finished my "42 Minis" AND it hung in the Featured Artist Show this past weekend.
      I blogged about the finish here:
      http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/10/falq4terryknott-finish-1.html
      Terry - great to see your "42 Minis" hanging what a fun project for sure!

Barb

Comment

Thanks, Barb! I posted about my project list that I wrote at the beginning of the year. You can read it here:
        http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/11/falq4-terry-knott-finish-3.html
        One of the grands and I started stitching a skirt too!

Comment

This past week, we had an oops in the studio. I blogged about it here:
          http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/11/oops-and-fix.html
          Thanks for coming to visit!

Comment

Terry, Well handled! I'm glad the lesson was learned without too much damage!
            geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Hi all -

I just got back from another wonderful trip to the Houston International Quilt Festival and I've written my first blog post about the experience. This post describes three of the classes that I took. If you're interested, you can find the post here.

Comment

Nancy, your projects from Houston look terrific! How wonderful to take a class from Pam Holland . . .several classes!!
                K and I finished her skirt. I blogged about it here:
                http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/11/falq4-finish-4-skirt.html
                Thank you, Geneva for your comment about my Oops and a fix blog. J and I spent some time in the studio today. My words worked--no scissors were involved!

Comment

Hi all -

I got my second Houston blog post finished tonight. It covers the other classes that I took. They were all a lot of fun! If interested, you can read about it here.

Comment

Looking forward to reading your post, Nancy!

I posted about being a consultant on a project. . .
                    http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/11/featuring-gail-pocket-wallet-and-project_13.html

Come and visit!

Comment

Hi everyone! Nancy, what great reviews of the classes you took in Houston. It looks like you had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Terry, you handled the oops really well.
                      I have been lurking here from time to time and reading your blogs. I have been intensely working on my son Ken's designed quilt, and other things, including a blog series on quilting for machine artists, but my latest blog is about a coming exhibit of my quilts that will be at G Street next spring. So I've been kind of bad about posting my blog links here, so here they are:
                      Part 1 on rulers
                      Part 2 more on rulers and markers
                      Part 3 on threads
                      Part 4 on pattern making
                      and then this

Hope you all are doing well and having fun in your studios. I will try to post my blog links here when they are finished....lol
                      Hugs.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Where is everybody? hmy: :side: :S :whistle:
                        Anyway, I wrote another blog in my series for sit down quilters....part 5...rulers and gloves
                        Facebook has gotten so vile lately that I have decided greatly reduce my time there and hang out here on TQS a little more. Hope you are all having a wonderful time in your studios.

Comment

And I just finished my first blog post about the quilts from Houston. This one shows some quilts from about half of the contest categories. It's mostly pictures, so stop by and take a look if you get a chance. Here is a link to the page.

Comment

I think the pictures from Houston show it was a magnificent show. Wish I could have been there. Nice blog post about it. Cheers.

Comment

Thank you BJ, Nancy and Terry for your blog posts. I read them and enjoy them very much.

Terry, I liked your post about assisting your friend to "cut loose". I would love to take a class from Jean Wells. I admire her work very much.

BJ, I'm with you on the show quilt circuit. I think you are correct in making quality quilts and not expecting them to be accepted in shows, but hoping someone will buy them! (And I heartily agree with you about where fb is going. Yuck!)

Nancy, your brain must be spinning with all that you learned and experienced at Houston. Thanks for sharing with such great pictures.

geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
                                Taking a class with Jean was terrific. What an amazing teacher! I wouldn't be surprised if she came back to our guild to teach another class in a couple years as she was so well received! I hope you will get to take a class from her one day soon.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X