SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW Meegwat, I really like your work!

Comment

Yay,month 3 done! Busy month down in the keys, we have our guild quilt show on the 21,and 22 SO EXCITED. Had to finish these now or never, enjoying this way too much!

Comment

I'm playing catch-up and thought I would share one block I did a little different. The circle is outlined with prairie points. The backing in the center has been cut away and the prairie points graded to eliminate as much bulk as I could. Plan is to do some Trapunto in the center section. Quilting is always an adventure, we'll see if the block works out in the end.

Comment

Askher,

I love your block and admire your creativity!

Comment

Here are my February applique blocks! They are all turned fabric applique with the freezer paper and starch method.

Linda

Comment

Well, I am still struggling with only browns, especially seeing all the wonderful colour combinations below, wow beautiful work by everyone.

Taree NSW - Australia
              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

First 4 Shoo-

Fly blocks finished the other day and block #9 just finished. Ready think about fabrics for Block #10

Comment

Jill,
                  Your brown color scheme will make a beautiful quilt. Great choice. Very striking.

Judy

Comment

Jill, I too love your brown colored quilt blocks. If you are struggling you might google brown batiks to see the many batiks that read brown to eye, but
                    have small areas of other colors that could add some interest. Or maybe expand the brown into some brown/beige, brown/golden, brown/rust tone fabrics.
                    You could just go to some of the many manufactures and search by the color to see what other ideas you could come up with that look good with what you
                    are doing. Contrast is important too. Using light med. and dark. You have done a great job at that, the only ones that I would add a little lighter segments in
                    would be the twirly ball and the one next to it. They don't seem to have as much contrast as the others, but it could just be my computer screen. I hope
                    you stick with your color palette. Your blocks are beautiful.You can always make a few bright colored ones to use in a side project like a tote, table runner etc. HelenW

Comment

Thanks Helen and agree needed more contrast, I didn't notice this until I had sewn them up and looked at them to take the photo lol lol

Taree NSW - Australia
                      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Very innovative! Well done

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Jill, I love your choice of the browns; your blocks are beautiful. If you feel it needs more color why not add some gold tones.

Comment

Thank you everbody for your great suggstions. I finally decided to use the apliquick method with glue and wash away sheets.

Comment

Thank you everbody for your great subbestions. I finally decided to use the apliquick method with glue and wash away sheets.

Comment

Your blocks are beautiful Lynnanne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X