• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your blocks are so pretty!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Chrys, Your blocks are jaw dropping beautiful!!! I can't believe how impressive that flower applique looks. You have given fussy cutting a whole new meaning to me.
      The tiny shapes and the use of the fabric on the leaves and stem are fascinating. So glad you are part of this forum. Like Judy, I would love to hear any tips you have
      to share. Your blocks are picture perfect. You will have a stunning quilt. Thanks for posting your pictures of month 1. HelenW

Comment

Chrys, your blocks are beautiful! The fabrics in the block one applique are gorgeous!

Comment

Here are my first blocks - I’m doing raw-edge applique rather than by hand since I have too many hand projects going right now. I’ve chosen brighter repro fabrics for my blocks - it’s been fun finding brighter shirtings. I decided to make all of my shoofly blocks green (different fabric for each one) since that will be the color I use for my setting triangles and border (border is optional - may stop at just the setting triangles).

Comment

Very nice, TXquilter1624

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Thank you very much! I enjoy hand applique and will be using this method for the quilt.

Comment

JudithA, I enjoy hand applique and will be using it for this quilt.

Comment

HelenW, thank you very much! The green fabric was a lucky find in my stash.
                    I'm refreshing/learning skills for hand applique in the quilt. This is just what is currently working for me -- Jeana Kimball #11 straw needle and WonderFil Invisafil 100wt thread.
                    Generally, I use needle turn applique with templates or back basting. Thanks to TQS, I was introduced to the Rosa Rojas Aplliquick method. For the most part in these blocks, I used her technique together with a new product (to me) for the template material -- Quilters Select Print and Piece Fuse Lite. For my skill level at this point, it was necessary to keep sharp-point areas free of any glue and fusible and to just mark the fabric in these areas for needle turn applique. Otherwise, this approach was a great new experience.
                    For the circles, starch and Karen Kay Buckley's mylar templates are what I reach for.

Comment

Here are my 2 shoo fly blocks for January. Applique blocks will be a while from now .

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

I would like to comment on people’s progress but not sure how to do this . I love seeing all the different fabric choices btw

Comment

Beautiful blocks TXquilter1624

Comment

Cindy, click “Quick Reply” to comment on a specific post. It really helps if you refer to the person by their name so we know which one you say is “Beautiful!”

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Can’t believe I’ve gotten my February blocks done! Getting ready for pre-Spring Quilt Market frenzy (I work for a fabric/pattern designer making her samples and helping to edit her patterns) so wanted to get them done when I have a bit of down time. Loving these blocks! Doing machine applique but really wish I had time to do them by hand.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X