Clear All

My borders on.

Comment

My borders are on.

Comment

My borders are on.

Comment

Originally posted by "cheddar" post=151898
          Mergwat, admiring your stack. I’m at this point and feel cutting them to size is the hardest task keeping the motif centered
          Cheddar, did you see my blog on how to easily trim the appliqué blocks and keep the motif centered? This worked perfectly for me:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/01/afternoon-delight-month1-part-2.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "cheddar" post=151898
            Mergwat, admiring your stack. I’m at this point and feel cutting them to size is the hardest task keeping the motif centered
            Cheddar, Definitely read Barbara's blog. This is a picture of how I did it. I drew the finished size and added the seam allowance, and then made horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines on tracing paper. You can see thru it. Placed it on the block, laid my ruler on top of the tracing paper and cut. It would also work for the applique. I used a different method
            for my double nine patch, so that is why I needed to trim them to size also. HelenW

Comment

Helen and Barbara, thanks so much. That is an eye opener!

Comment

I want to share a "funny" warning I got on my phone when opening up a "Show and Tell" reply from someone recently.

A very large RED box stated:

"This message seems dangerous.
                Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content.
                Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information?"

I think it tagged a comment " admiring your stack".
                Little did the computer logarithm understand that the "stack" referred to fabric squares........

Sew on and thank you all for the inspiration you have all given me .
                Pattie ( CatalinaQuilter)

Comment

My computer tells me that this site is "Not Secure"

Comment

Just laid them out. Now to mix it up a little

Comment

love the bright happy feel to your quilt - I am almost ready to start laying out mine too - applique is all done, just plugging away at the 9-patches - thank you for sharing, and will be fun to see what you do for the border

Comment

Meegwat, Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Comment

Helen. Can you explain how you put the 9 patches together and they need trimming? Have I missed something important? I’m confused

Comment

Originally posted by "TammyW" post=152103
                            Helen. Can you explain how you put the 9 patches together and they need trimming? Have I missed something important? I’m confused
                            TammyW, You have not missed anything. I am sorry if I confused you. When I started, back in Jan. 2020, I made a small sample batch of little nine patches, and several were
                            about 1/16 off matching at intersections. I was frustrated so I decided to find a more accurate way of doing it. I have the book , Mini Mosaics by Paula Doyle and knew that
                            would work for the process, giving me exact point matches, much like paper piecing. It takes longer and uses fusible interfacing, much like paper piecing uses foundation papers.
                            When there was a request on the forum on how to trim the applique blocks to size, I knew I had used that template on both the applique and double nine patch, so that is why
                            I inserted the photo. I did not have an applique that needed trimming at the time, and I did have that 9 patch. HelenW

Comment

Wow you must be thrilled to the moon and back it looks spectacular!!! what wonderful progress and a great quilt to remember this year lots of gorgeous fabrics wonderful workmanship perfect execution of placement I don't think you need much play at all!!

Originally posted by "Meegwat" post=151931
                              Just laid them out. Now to mix it up a little
                              Deb from Toronto
                              http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com

Comment

oh my goodness I laughed so hard, terminology can be taken in so many ways!!

Originally posted by "CatalinaQuilter" post=151926
                                I want to share a "funny" warning I got on my phone when opening up a "Show and Tell" reply from someone recently.

A very large RED box stated:

"This message seems dangerous.
                                Many people marked similar messages as phishing scams, so this might contain unsafe content.
                                Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments, or replying with personal information?"

I think it tagged a comment " admiring your stack".
                                Little did the computer logarithm understand that the "stack" referred to fabric squares........

Sew on and thank you all for the inspiration you have all given me .
                                Pattie ( CatalinaQuilter)
                                Deb from Toronto
                                http://www.patchworksanity.blogspot.com

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X