X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

How sweet :-)

Comment

Ready to quilt

Comment

My November appliques are complete. Most of my 9 patches are also complete. I'm looking forward to laying this out very soon.

Comment

I was looking for the fastest path to completion so I wouldn't end up with another abandoned project so I quickly finished the blocks I had planned, came up with a layout and started a few of the 44 border blocks to finish the quilt. Hoping to do the border blocks and assembly before the end of the year. I'm trying not to work on more than 2 projects at a time.

I've had bolts of Pioneer Spirit fabric for several months and was anxious to get started on a quilt so I could make kits but wasn't satisfied with my attempts to design one. Then I decided Ricky Tims' Granny's 1930 Sampler pattern was perfect for this fabric. I'm making mine queen size and will be changing some of the blocks, but for the most part it will be the same. This is my first quilt to piece in reverse order. The binding, outer border, inner border, 8 blocks using panel squares, and all of the pre-mitered sashing is done. I like the speed of assembly line sewing. The remaining 41 blocks will be a slower process. I seldom follow written instructions as I like to make oversized blocks and square them up and usually use a different piecing method. I used a completely different way to do the border blocks. The outer border nine patch blocks were made oversized using 3 1/2" squares and the inner border blocks were made from strip sets instead of foundation paper. There is no room for error on these blocks as there is no space between borders and blocks to make adjustments. My inner borders are 1/4" longer than they were supposed to be which is easy enough to ease in, and I will make sure the quilt center doesn't shrink any during assembly by using scant seams.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

My almost completed top is on the design wall; it's prettier than I anticipated. I've ordered the border and backing fabric and can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can complete this beautiful quilt.

Comment

ljkn52, it's beautiful!!!

Comment

ljkn52, your quilt is just beautiful! I have the last five blocks to applique, then I can put everything together. This has been a fun journey. Looking forward to seeing your quilt when it's finished!

Comment

November blocks are done. All 6 photos weren't able to make it through in a single message. I apologize for more than 1 post.
                  Working on this quilt pattern as a BOM has been a great motivator to stay on track!

Comment

Two more November blocks.

Comment

Last two November blocks

Comment

Chrys your appliqué fabric selection and the fussy cutting is simply amazing!!!!

Comment

Your blocks are perfect! What method of applique are you using? I love the Civil War fabrics.

Comment

Tammy W

Thank you very much! It has been enjoyable to comb through bits and pieces of reproduction fabrics collected over the years and see which ones would look at home in the blocks

Comment

Top is done.

Comment

Jupergee

Thank you! I love 1800s fabrics, too, and tried to use them as much as possible. The Apliquick method helped me work through these small applique blocks. The "perfect" part of the blocks was having this method to rely on by this imperfect person

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X