[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "eyestitch" post=152486
    I am wondering if it would work to put all the rows together and then attach the rows to rows without going all the way to the edge to leave room for the setting triangles later? I was thinking having all in one piece might make it easier to look for border fabric. What do you think?
    You could join all the blocks into rows but cannot join the rows together easily as the perimeter triangles are added to both ends of each row before the rows are joined. You would have to do partial seaming on each end of each row and that I would find excruciating, just saying...

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I'm looking for a nice red print repro that is not directional. Something that reads almost solid from a distance. I probably will lay it out and play with the layout and maybe sew rows together. But I have other projects to keep me busy for now.

Comment

Thanks so much for the opportunity to follow this BOM. I have completed my blocks and sewn them together. this is the border trim I[m working on.(hopefully it will showup)
        This was a great challenge for me and a wonderful learning experience. To all the quilters who have participated and added their pictures and comments, and to you Barbara for
        sharing your knowledge as well, thanks again.

Comment

cheddar, your quilt top is beautiful!

Comment

When you find that "nice red print repro" please post what you find. That is exactly what I am looking for, but can't get out now with Covid to look.

Comment

Beautiful quilt: well done. I love batiks and I also used them. I love the frame with the light blue fabric.

I will post me pictures of blocks but have not finished the appliqué blocks. Needle turned two of them and decided to change my method. Janet

Comment

Cheddar,
                I love the pieced border you are preparing! Beautiful quilt. Love it.
                Janet

Comment

Love your finished quilt. Love the green outer border: adds a beautiful dimension to the quilt.
                  Janet

Comment

Eye stitch I use a Kim Dieghl red . I think it look retro

Comment

Eyestitch

I was looking on Sue Garman’s wesite: this red might work.
                      Link: https://www.comequilt.com/shop/Fabric/p/Moda-Petite-Prints-French-General-1369411-x30048875.htm

Comment

test

Comment

Two of the last 4 applique blocks. [Our satellite Internet is only happy with 2 at a time tonight ]

Comment

The last two applique blocks of December! This BOM program has been very enjoyable, and thank you to Barbara for her support during this year.
                            (The star block has some Covid-like embellishment to mark this most unusual year.)
                            Like a number of the ladies today, I hope to find a red, reproduction border fabric with a small, non-directional print that reads like a solid from a distance.

Comment

I finished my quilt top before Christmas. I was so pleased to have kept up with this beautiful project.

Comment

I know several participants have completed their Afternoon Delight quilt -- I am not in that category. However, finally finishing the November and December appliqué blocks is satisfying for me. Now on to putting this gem together.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 26 users online. 0 members and 26 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X