[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! I too am working through my 64 blocks, doing them all at once.

Comment

Meegwat and kwiltsnblooms, I did what you are doing. It was easier to just stay with the nine patches all at one time. I'm going to prep my October applique blocks tomorrow and get them done, then briefly caught up.

Comment

Some of my blocks set out on a bed, I am using batik fabrics and I am not sure that all the applique blocks go together?

Jeanette

Comment

I have been following everyone's comments, but have been busy for a few months with other projects for people with deadlines, so I had fallen a few squares behind. I finally set aside a few days this week to COMPLETE the rest of the double nine patches!!!!! - previously I had 24 done. For me, this calls for a celebration!!!! (Might I add that I may not be the only one thinking, "if I ever have to make another double nine patch...." well, you can fill in the rest.)
          After doing so, I needed a bit of inspiration, so I laid out the squares to take a look. Whew!!! Now I have to catch up with the applique blocks. My layout is a quick one; I still will need to balance colors, etc. Definitely scrappy! Thanks for everyone's comments throughout this huge undertaking. You all have some lovely blocks!
          Question.... Does the final month clearly list Sue Garman's numbered layout, to easily tell where the applique blocks will go? I did my best trying to identify them by looking at the small photograph. Thanks!

Comment

I have been following everyone's comments, but have been busy for a few months with other projects for people with deadlines, so I had fallen a few squares behind. I finally set aside a few days this week to COMPLETE the rest of the double nine patches!!!!! - previously I had 24 done. For me, this calls for a celebration!!!! (Might I add that I may not be the only one thinking, "if I ever have to make another double nine patch...." well, you can fill in the rest.)
            After doing so, I needed a bit of inspiration, so I laid out the squares to take a look. Whew!!! Now I have to catch up with the applique blocks. My layout is a quick one; I still will need to balance colors, etc. Definitely scrappy! Thanks for everyone's comments throughout this huge undertaking. You all have some lovely blocks!
            Question.... Does the final month clearly list Sue Garman's numbered layout, to easily tell where the applique blocks will go? I did my best trying to identify them by looking at the small photograph. Thanks!

Comment

Comment

MANY people have said to me "if I never see anoter double 9 patch..." So, you are in good company.

No, Sue does not have a layout diagram showing where she put each block. In my November 1 blog I will show full photos of both her original quilt, with the red border, and my sample quilt with the blue border, so you can see some ideas for placement. Sue says to layout the applique blocks with X's and O's alternating. Until I read her Month 12 directions, that had not occurred to me. I did my layout based on X and O blocks and color placement--it takes a bit of time to do. And don't ask your family for help until you get it how you like it and TAKE A PICTURE.

Also in November there are 6 applique blocks so get ready for a bit more stitching...

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

October blocks and my final four. 64 and done! Appreciate TQS Forum wisdom and timely placing heart on point discussion. Looking forward to November block release.

-Terri

Comment

We are getting close, gals! I am finally caught up on all the appliqué and I finished all 64 of those darn nine patches. Whew! I am very proud of all of us who have committed to this marvelous quilt. I have learned things this year. I wanted to use just my stash. So, I did, and did not buy any fabric. Now I realize I will have to buy fabric for the borders. Happy to do so, to set off all this work.

Comment

Barbara, would you put a link to your way of squaring up all the appliqué blocks. I have not trimmed one of mine yet and the time is coming. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by "ginnyleber" post=150577
                        Barbara, would you put a link to your way of squaring up all the appliqué blocks. I have not trimmed one of mine yet and the time is coming. Thank you!
                        Ginny, at the end of this long blog post you will find my solution for carefully squaring up the applique blocks:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/01/afternoon-delight-month1-part-2.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        North Alabama, USA
                        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

October blocks are done

Comment

October blocks are done

Comment

October blocks are done

Comment

October blocks are done. You'll have to trust me on this one.... A problem arose with posting photos. After trying several times via computer and mobile phone, as well as resizing the photos down to the smallest size and taking new photos, I surrender

It has been very enjoyable to see everyone's recent progress as we move closer to the end!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X