[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollyminer, your colorway is just beautiful!

Comment

The quilt actually belongs to AMiller.

Comment

I am working on my borders and just thought i would share what i am doing. Some time ago I was sent some Alex Anderson's Quilters Select Appli-Stick. This appeared to be for raw edge applique but i wanted to do turned edge. I also have the Appliquick rods that I bought when they first came out in the UK and haven't really used them. You know how easy it is to get stuff at a show.
        Well i decided to give it a try but to use the rods to turn over onto the sticky side instead of glue. It has worked well in the turning and shaping of the appliques, Here's hoping it doesn't gum up the needle when I stitch them down. Hope this might help someone else.

Comment

Here is a great Sizzle quilt by Linda S, one of the Sunday Sew and Sews. Isn't it grand?

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

And another great Sizzle quilt, this one with a Flying Geese pieced border, by Diane O, one of the Sunday Sew and Sews. They inspire me with their creativity.

The poor photo is mine. She wanted this to be king size and so it is.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=146318
              Here is a great Sizzle quilt by Linda S, one of the Sunday Sew and Sews. Isn't it grand?
              SEW Grand! Love it. Thanks for posting the picture.

Comment

[quote="bbquiltmaker" post=146319]And another great Sizzle quilt, this one with a Flying Geese pieced border, by Diane O, one of the Sunday Sew and Sews. They inspire me with their creativity.

Beautiful!

Comment

I'm working on my borders now. Took a break to have lunch and, of course, check for updates.
                  The pieces are just pinned on for auditioning fabrics. The circles are place holders so I could accurately place the pieces.
                  The colors aren't very true.

Comment

Ladies, all these quilts are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

I love the fabric selection for your borders. By using the red in the bottom pedal and the scrolls it look like it frames the quilt.
                      Very pretty, and very unique. The black really makes the colors POP and the gray looks like granite. Very, very pretty quilt.
                      Barbara, If Linda S is not a TQS member would you please pass this on to her. Thanks for posting the picture.
                      Love getting new ideas of how to approach fabric selections and what looks good. HelenW

Comment

Select applistick did not gum up the needle. I have got my side borders attached and am working on the top and bottom ones. At the same time I am quilting another quilt so the borders wont be finished very quickly. I will post a photo when i get it done

Comment

Helen, Linda is a TQS member, that is required to get the patterns. I will pass on your kind comments about her quilt, thanks.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Pam R did her Sizzle in William Morris fabrics

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=146364
                              Pam R did her Sizzle in William Morris fabrics
                              This quilt is very pretty and the border really does work well with this type of fabric. I am working on my border now. I will be working on it for a while....

Comment

Your quilt top looks great! Great colors.

I’ve been absent from the conversation due to
                                Moving etc. I’m way behind, then I broke my thumb.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X