[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Love your border. Eager to see the final reveal.

Comment

LOVE IT!!!

Comment

After seeing the 2020 BOM, Afternoon Delight by Sue Garman, I went to her blog site(Come Quilt) and Sept. 2012 she
        introduces the first look at the quilt and explains her thought process in designing it. She also shows pictures of the appliques.
        It was very interesting, she was an incredible designer. Worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=146250
          After seeing the 2020 BOM, Afternoon Delight by Sue Garman, I went to her blog site(Come Quilt) and Sept. 2012 she
          introduces the first look at the quilt and explains her thought process in designing it. She also shows pictures of the appliques.
          It was very interesting, she was an incredible designer. Worth reading.
          Thanks for the information on where we can see and find out more about the 2020 BOM. I love it but did not realize when I saw it on the Facebook reveal video that the feature blocks are hand applique. I don't enjoy hand applique. Sigh. Perhaps I can make a smaller version.

Comment

My sample quilt was made with raw edge machine appliqué, very fast. No hand work on this quilt except the binding

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ah. That explains how you made the sample quilt in three weeks! (per the FB video).
              :-)

Comment

Holly,
                I love raw edge appliqué in wall hangings, but in quilts I go to edge turned, machine stitched appliqué. There are many famous quilters that use this technique with
                a 1.0- 1.0 zig zag stitch. Caryl Fallert Gentry has a tutorial on her website. After watching the quilt show that featured the inventor of the Appliquick tools, i use them
                for turning the edge, and it works great. Raw edge appliqué is the fastest. next would be edge turned machine stitched appliqué, and slowest (but portable and meditative)
                hand applique. Bet you would love the results you get with machine stitched edge turned. A lot of quilters use the blanket stitch on the edge and it looks great too.

Comment

Barbara, what size are the finished blocks???? If they are large, that would mean the applique pieces wouldn't be teeny tiny.

Thanks,

Suzanne

Comment

6.75” finished. Small.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Suzanne,
                      After seeing Barbara's post that the blocks are 6.75 inches, I thought, what will be the best way to do it if you want edge turned, machine stitched applique.
                      The first thing that came to mind was Ricky Tims Stable Stuff. Print the design on the inkjet printer, cut out on sewing line. glue stick to back of fabric, cut 1/4 inch
                      larger on fabric, (fussy trim the tight areas), use Apliquick tools to edge turn with glue around edge of piece. Since you can leave the stable stuff you just put it on
                      the background fabric and machine stitch. I sure their will be lots of ideas coming up on the forum on how quilters will approach it. HelenW

Comment

This is great info to put on the new Category Afternoon Delight. Please start a topic on How I Like to Appliqué, or start something like that so everyone who comes to the Afternoon Delight category can find it.

I will have LOTS of info on appliqué options as we go forward.

Thanks!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I call this colorway the Woodlands. Done with center.

-On to the borders.

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

Originally posted by "AMiller" post=146290
                              I call this colorway the Woodlands. Done with center.

-On to the borders.
                              Ooo. Pretty!

Comment

I really love the colors!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20 users online. 0 members and 20 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X