[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have posted my tutorial for machine pieced curved piecing with top basting in the "Tips and Tutorials" section. I've had success using this method since the early 1980s. Several years ago I made a circular table cover (for an umbrella table) that featured circular flying geese as a border. The attachment illustrates the point in the instructions where one would use curved seam piecing instead of the method illustrated.

Comment

I think I'm blind-I can't find the Tips and Tutorials! :blink:

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
      Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

Comment

Here is my mth 5. Is anyone doing their HST scrappy like the flying geese or are you using one color like the pattern suggests?

Comment

I am doing mine in a variety of fabrics in one color. So scrappy but not as much as the geese. Did the same on the earlier row is half square triangles.

Comment

Thanks for the idea of using just one color family. I'm going to use my greens.

Comment

This is lovely.

Comment

Your quilt top is beautiful. I have been debating what to do. The first sawtooth border I did with just one color and am leaning on doing scrappy. I might do a small sample of each and see what I like. Not sure yet. Since my flying geese are scrappy, I was thinking perhaps a one color would be more appropriate.

Comment

I much prefer scrappy. In my world, there is no such thing as too much fabric.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

,In reply to to post #141487 by Eileen

On the main forum page go to "Index". When that opens you can look down to the second section which says
                    help Me Learn To Quilt - Questions, Tips and Tutorials" I cropped the screen prints to make the picture smaller - but the attachments illustrate what it looks like.

Comment

In the main page, click on "Index" - when that page opens, the second sub-heading says "Help Me Learn to Quilt - Questions, Tips, and Tutorials. Under that top is the title "Machine piece curved seams with top basting." Basically, with your pieces pinned in place you will stitch them together using a long blind hem stitch (long so you can remove it easily later). Then you trip your seam allowance (or not, depending...) fold the top piece back and stitch "dot to dot." The "dots" are where the blind hem stitch catches the piece laying on top of the background piece. Easier to do than describe. I have edited the original post to show the blog post where I posted the original tutorial with text. The forum didn't provide for text on each photo here.

Comment

Barbara, here comes my monthly question. Could you tell us what the little square size should be to make sure my printer is printing the correct size. Quite possibly 2 inches finished but I'm not sure. Thanks as always.

Comment

Originally posted by "durstgirls" post=141510
                          Barbara, here comes my monthly question. Could you tell us what the little square size should be to make sure my printer is printing the correct size. Quite possibly 2 inches finished but I'm not sure. Thanks as always.
                          It IS important to be sure you are printing the correct size.

As it says on page 2, the unit size is 1.5" FINISHED, so be sure your paper patterns measure that size, exactly.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          North Alabama, USA
                          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I just noticed you even made some of your evening star blocks scrappy! Very nice...your colors are beautiful!

Comment

Here is month 6 done. I think pinwheels are next.

Comment

Very pretty, love your colors! Pat

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X