[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this photo on May 22 and it got sorta lost with all of the shuffling around. Here it is again.

I knew when I started the project that I didn't want to do the flying geese rings. I decided to embroider my Month 4/5 border instead, using motifs from traditional Slovak clothing.

Comment

So...it would seem the "Show and Tell " topic is still broken.
      I received an email notice at 3:09pm today that a new message has been posted...etc.(#141429) Clicked on the link to see if "durstgirls" had included a photo as her post says "Month 5done. That was a lot of curves." I was taken to message #141428 which is the last one (first one on page one).
      Very aggravating.

Comment

Anabeth, that's really beautiful!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I am not sure why that happened and I was not able to replicate it I will keep checking in to capture the issues and get them resolved as best we can.

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I am not sure why that happened and I was not able to replicate it I will keep checking in to capture the issues and get them resolved as best we can.

Thanks Wendy

Comment

Thanks hollyminer, I did try to post a photo and it didn't work. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Anabeth, the only word for this is 'stunning'. The embroidery is beautiful. Would love to know how you did that.

Comment

likewise -- Anabeth, the embroidery is gorgeous. Can you share how you did that?

Comment

I did cross stitch on Aida fabric. Drafted patterns from a book on Slovak folk embroidery. I haven't done cross stitch in a while -- it was good to go back to my early-life needlework.

Comment

I have reached out to durstgirls to figure out why I can see the post and no one else can. I can see that it is greyed out. I hope to hear from her today so we can sort this out.

Comment

Hello Everyone
                        I just spoke to durstgirl and here is the story: She went to post month 5 and saw that her IPAD was just spinning and caught in the transmission, so she backed out of it. From the TQS point of view, we got her text but not her picture. I went in and restored her text so we could see it, that is why is was greyed out. The TQS Forum knew she had something to share, but had not received it. Unfortunately, the TQS Forum was so excited - it let us know about the Text and then wasn't sure what to do and left us all hanging. So, durstgirl will try again to post a picture again, but is now concerned that with all the anticipation and frustration at not seeing her picture, it may not be what we are expecting! I told her not to worry, we really wanted to see the picture
                        I think we have found another bug in the TQS Forum, if I see the text background is grey, I can restore it and that tells me the transmission to the TQS Forum was not complete.
                        Thanks so much durstgirl for helping me to solve the mystery!

Comment

I've been neglecting to post photos of my progress but here is my quilt thru month 5. Ready to get started on month 6.

Comment

Let me try this again.

Comment

Bonjour Anabeth,
                              You had a very good idea. Your quilt is magnificent. The embroidery is so beautiful. I'm still struggling with the arcs !
                              I'm having a nice time doing them but it's not easy!
                              Hélène

Comment

So lovely - and wonderful to see it on line! Great job

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X