[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great set! I appreciate the 'ordered' look!
    jo

Comment

Looks like it might have wandered in from another quilt in process. Perhaps you could use it on the back as a label! I love the block itself!

Comment

It is a 'quieter' look than the Kaffe version, but still very lovely!
        jo

Comment

A vote for floating. As soon as you start to trim, it gets more finicky to sew. Why do it? It looks absolutely beautiful this way! And your making a Queen size, right? Every little bit helps get you to that size! Stellar!!
          jo

Comment

Brenda,
            The fact that you are here sewing with Alex, and watching and doing Sharon Schamber's techniques tells me you will eventually reach your goal to become a more precise piecer. One thing that will stand you in good stead is not stressing over that last 1/16". Alex even said 'the good thing about fabric is it stretches a bit' . We can count on that! You go girl!

Comment

I have "dismissed" the blocks I made with white and I'm trying this combo. Still playing and still need more blocks!

Comment

Cgunstone I love the way you are framing your blocks. Wish I had thought of that.

Comment

This has been so much fun. Thank you Alex. Just a few more blocks to go and then I'll assemble the rest of the blocks.

Comment

I'm not able to insert my photo. What am I doing wrong? I've done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by "roine1" post=149222
                      I'm not able to insert my photo. What am I doing wrong? I've done it before.
                      Here is the video that shows how:

https://thequiltshow.com/daily-blog/142-newsletter/28412-barbara-black-teaches-you-how-to-use-the-tqs-forum

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                      North Alabama, USA
                      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Oh my Jana I just saw your new post . Very nice!

Comment

Comment

Here are my blocks so far. In keeping with current Stage 4 lockdown restrictions I am using my stash from home and don’t have any Kaffe except a few stripes. I thought my collection of Aboriginal Prints offered a nice variety of colours to work with and the whites seem to play well with them too. It’s been nice to slow down and take the time to consider how the colours for each block design works or doesn’t and be more precise with the actual block construction. I am really interested in seeing everyone’s ideas on how to layout the final quilt.

Comment

JanaPratt....this setting you have come up with is very exciting! Great work!

Comment

Bbauwens.....I love your prints! Have a couple of those in my stash, too. Your quilt will be lovely!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X