[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second time I attached the pieces in the wrong direction! I'll get it right if it kills me. This block looks simple but, it's not. I learned to pay attention to the grain (one has more give) when sewing straight blocks together.

Comment

I had SO many variations of this quilt...but when I started singing "Let It Go Let It Go", I realized it was time to stop experimenting and sew. I now appreciate ALL the decision making that goes into a design. The left-over fabrics and blocks will be arranged on the backside. I loved this process...frustrating but also very rewarding. Thank you, Alex!!!

Comment

ofall I've seen this makes the most sense!

Comment

Originally posted by "MickyF" post=149198
          I had SO many variations of this quilt...but when I started singing "Let It Go Let It Go", I realized it was time to stop experimenting and sew. I now appreciate ALL the decision making that goes into a design. The left-over fabrics and blocks will be arranged on the backside. I loved this process...frustrating but also very rewarding. Thank you, Alex!!!
          Beautiful quilt

Comment

Originally posted by "sewskeel" post=149185
            What do I do? Just finished this square and it looks funny set on point!
            Can I still use it?
            How could I make it work?
            What a great Heart block! Use it.

Comment

I got a few more blocks done. I've been distracted with my Dogs in Sweaters quilt.

Comment

Not sure if the picture added? I was wondering about adding white around some of the blocks but it almost looks like a hole

Comment

terrils - I love the on-point setting. Seems more cohesive, somehow.

Comment

Micky F Love the way you designed your quilt !!

Comment

Here are my blocks so far. I'm a little behind, but I am making 4 of each block. If you notice the boo-boo I didn't until I took the picture! It has now been corrected and I am on to more Star of Hope blocks.

Comment

One more block. Then border or no border

Comment

I'm finally current on my blocks. I had planned to add triangle units to the sides of each block and set them on point. But it wasn't showing enough Brassica print to my liking. So Brassica will be applied on two sides, showing more print with the block in a corner. This way, I can make it bigger and not be limited in size. Design wall is set up as planned.

Comment

Qltrdianne, absolutely lovely.

Comment

I vote for "ON POINT" myself. Seems to have more energy and excitement that way. Just what we need right?
                              It's beautiful, either way!
                              jo

Comment

Interesting.. can't wait to see more!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X