[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "qltrdianne" post=149179
    I cannot get my picture to show up. I did this last week, but now after I add file and submit there is no picture. Can anyone help me. I read that there is a video that shows how to do this, but I can't find the video. Any help will be must appreciated.
    Here is the video:
    https://thequiltshow.com/daily-blog/142-newsletter/28412-barbara-black-teaches-you-how-to-use-the-tqs-forum

When you attach or insert a photo you will not see the photo in the Preview--only the file number will be there. When you submit, the photo will be there on your post. Be sure you hit Submit when ready to post.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "williamskay" post=149158
      Good job, Nancy!! I get it--thanks for the math lesson!!!!
      Glad it helped! I'm a bit of a math geek....

Comment

Hi Sherryquilts! I love your quilt, really rich and colourful, the white in the blocks is throwing me out, but I’m working on it adding black now and feeling happier. It’s been good for me as an art quilter to re learn accurate block making so I have enjoyed the trip

Comment

My first attempt to finish a block

Comment

Sewskeel, very nicely done!

Comment

What do I do? Just finished this square and it looks funny set on point!
              Can I still use it?
              How could I make it work?

Comment

This is my quilt thus far. Will put in 3 more blocks at the end, then another row of Kaffe block and it is ready to sew!. Now working on a border which will be Kaffe triangles. The ones you see on the right of the quilt are too small and some fall on the bias. Therefore, I have now created a 5 inch block to cut twice diagonally which will give me triangles that will be on the straight of grain and will give me a 3 1/2 inch border (before sewing).

Comment

Sewskeel - cute block! I also don't think it works on point - are you sure you're going set your blocks on point? If so, I'd use this on the back -

Comment

Sewskeel, You were asking about half square triangles used in the border and in the blocks. I think this screenshot answers your question for the border blocks.
                    For the on point triangles to make the corners of the block, cut the square on the diagonal, stitch to the sides of the block, and then square it up.
                    If you slightly oversize your squares of fabric to 7 inches or 7 1/4 you can trim to perfection as Barbara Black says. It does take a little more fabric
                    and a little more time to square it up, but it ends up perfect. HelenW

Comment

You all have inspired! House cleaning avoidance today by playing with layout. (Nearby Home Depot is out of 1” foam core board, so using my “design bed” until it’s back in stock.) Straight set or on point? I am using stash and have a Kaffe jelly roll, which I will cut and mix up throughout. Red and green are my favorite colors, using anything blue is a challenge. More blocks yet to make. This has been a humbling quilt, striving for perfection is one thing, achieving is another! Thank you Alex, Captain John, and Barbara for so generously giving us your time. Stay safe. -terri, Cape Coral FL

-Terri

Comment

It took me a while to like this quilt, but now I love the layout.
                        NANCY

Comment

Hi everyone! Finally figured out how to post in the forum. I just kept clicking until this box showed up---this looks promising.
                          You know how Alex is loving using glue at the beginning and end of a seam. Well, I was having problems lining up seams and getting the points of a block to exactly touch the seam. So I tried a little glue. It works perfectly. I have a picture but don't know how to post it! I just dabed a bit of glue at the top of the point then lined up the piece to join the block with the point, sewed aross the X like Alex said to do and there was no shifting. Then I tried to line up seams----works there too. I did use a pin for insurance. But it was easier for me to use just that one pin then to use three like Alex does----pin + glue = perfect alignment.
                          Have a great Sumday---back to the machine.

Comment

Love these layouts, Terri!!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Picture of my blocks and setting squares.

Comment

Thank you Barbara for sending me the video. I was doing just what the video showed and it wasn't working, but it did work this time. Maybe after I hit submit I wasn't waiting long enough for the picture to show up.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 46 users online. 0 members and 46 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X