[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=124757
    Perhaps the problem is the link - I can get to this site on Chrome by typing www.thequiltshow.com without the added extension.

Kathy
    It's not a problem with the link. It happens with any URL for the Web site -- going to thequiltshow.com or thequiltshow.com/forum or anything. There is a bug in the Web site that caches some bad code in the browser's cache. Mine happened when I clicked on the button after typing in a comment on one of the groups. That's also where Lois' happened. Once this happens, you're screwed and can't access the site at all without getting that error message.

Comment

Originally posted by "loise98" post=124763
      I have had the same problem. I still can't use my preferred browser, but can access the site using Foxfire. I guess I should empty my cache, but I've got to figure out how.
      Lois, to clear the cache on your computer:
      Internet Explorer: click on TOOLS (should be on the top menu bar of the window on the right side), then select INTERNET OPTIONS. Under Browsing History, select DELETE. Check the boxes for Temporary Files and Cookies and then click the Delete Box at the bottom of that window.
      Chrome: click on the box with the three horizontal lines at the top of the browser on the right hand side. Then click on History, then select the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies, and Cached Images and Files. Then click on the Clear Browsing Data box at the bottom of that window.

Hope this helps.

Kathy

Comment

Good to see you back Lois. It happened to me, I got back on when I deleted cookies etc

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

i reset and cleared website data from my browser and still ge the error message. I don't understand.

Comment

Earlier this evening I posted here a thank you to Wendy for welcoming me back. I also posted a question regarding how to remove data from my browser so that I could use my perferred browser, Safari. The message appeared for a while but now it is gone. I find that strange.

Comment

What a pain ! I can't stay logged in today !!

Comment

Nice to see you back, Loise. Sure do miss you gals.

Personally and unfortunately, I am very hesitant to come to the forum because it is so frustrating so often. Of course, many things are getting straightened out, but stiil, I think we should get an extension on our membership. Just saying...

Comment

I am feeling better about the forum and the website in general. I think they have fixed a lot of things, but also I am beginning to figure things out better. I hope they bring our personal blogs back, though, complete with our old blogs. Still, I think the more we use it the better we will feel about it. I know they will continue to work their magic on it.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I have been busy working on Christmas presents and just couldn't spend the time it was taking trying to figure things out here on the Forum. Can't say how much I've treasured the Forum over the years being able to work at my quilting, come to a glitch in the work, post a question and have numerous answers/suggestions within the hour. I don't want that to go away. The Forum has been as much a treasure to me as TQS itself. I am not giving up on TQS or the Forum. But someone has to make Christmas happen at my house and that person is me.

Comment

Glad you have been able to get back to us Lois, even if only for a short while. I find that I am not having much trouble with the forum now (but then that is where I usually hang out) But not really using much else to it's full capacity.

Comment

With the old site when you went into a topic on the forum the first page that came up was the latest comment, now it seems to be the other way around........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taree NSW - Australia
                        My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Hi! I have found that when I go to Recent Topics, then select the time period (24 hours), the topics that have been updated during this time will have a very tiny green number. Click on the green number, and it will take you to the most recent entries.

Hope this helps!
                          Kathy

Taree NSW - Australia
                          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Once our decrepit brains learn all the tricks, we'll be just fine! This is a great suggestion, Kathy!

Comment

And there is a spot to select what time period....month, week, day.....problem is it doesn't stay selected.
                              Not much help really.

Comment

Susan, I LOVE your new avatar!!!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 22 users online. 0 members and 22 guests.

Most users ever online was 331 at 09:57 AM on 08-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X