[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "Reetzbobeetz" post=124566
    There are lots of things you can change on your profile page Marianne. If you go into your profile and click on 'profile' you will see a drop-down menu with lots of options like 'privacy', 'preferences' etc. I went through each one and sorted them to my own personal satisfaction..
    Thank you, Renata; tried those but that doesn't change the information on the first page of the profile
    Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "heartnsoulquilts" post=124575
      On my iPad, I cannot make the page larger using my finger gesture like I used to be able to do. This is a problem for my old eyes! And this quick reply box is also so tiny I can hardly read what I am typing!

PLEASE TQS, change whatever setting this is- I am sure there are lots of us 'oldies' who need things I larger font or larger screens. THANK YOU!
      And it's awfully difficult to select teeny tiny text with normal size fingers!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

At first I just had click login at the top of the page that would bring up the box lower down the page I just had to type A in the left hand box and then click on the box that came up and that would also bring up my password in the right hand box, then I would click on login to the right of that and it would go straight to TQS. Suddenly all that changed and now when I click on login at the top of the page it immediately brings up my name and password I just have to click on login.
        Sorry this is so long winded, I hope it makes sense.
        Anne

Comment

I've seen exactly the same change, Anne.

Comment

No chance we are going to throw you off the forum. I have had concerns also. The one day I hovered over something--can't remember what--and there was a map quest type of map to my house. If this hasn't been fixed--it needs to be. I can see maps to businesses but not to my house.

Comment

I might be daft, but when I look at my profile I can see that some one 'liked' it. (Even one second after posting. Where is the 'like' button? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

In the TQS Community you can like comments and inside of someone's profile at the top you can like a person's profile.

JoJo
                jojo.blogspot.com

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Why is the latest comment not at the top of the topic you go into to read ??????

Also I do not want to receive emails regarding any comments on the forum, I do not want to have to take another step by unsubscribing every time I make comments on the forum.

Taree NSW - Australia
                  My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Jilly I've commented on the other 2 threads to help you

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Following my posts # 124560 and 124583 I have been in contact with Support and BOB has come up trumps My postcode has disappeared and I can now alter the boxes of the right hand side on the Edit Profile page and they stay put after saving. I have edited post 124583 so the screen capture has gone and thereby removed any reference to my address.
                      NOTE - when contacting support you no longer receive an automated reply.
                      THANK YOU to BOB for taking action.
                      I will now go and assure my DH that all is sorted and then continue to browse what everybody is up to this busy time of year.
                      Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "Marianne-is-sewing" post=124685
                        Following my posts # 124560 and 124583 I have been in contact with Support and BOB has come up trumps My postcode has disappeared and I can now alter the boxes of the right hand side on the Edit Profile page and they stay put after saving. I have edited post 124583 so the screen capture has gone and thereby removed any reference to my address.
                        NOTE - when contacting support you no longer receive an automated reply.
                        THANK YOU to BOB for taking action.
                        I will now go and assure my DH that all is sorted and then continue to browse what everybody is up to this busy time of year.
                        Marianne
                        I'm glad this has worked out for you, Marianne. I am curious to know if something changed, or if you were just made aware of the settings from within your Profile? When I read your post this morning, I went to my profile and saw a ton of options for making things private or public. Perhaps I hadn't noticed before?

Comment

Originally posted by "suehenyon" post=124691
                          I'm glad this has worked out for you, Marianne. I am curious to know if something changed, or if you were just made aware of the settings from within your Profile? When I read your post this morning, I went to my profile and saw a ton of options for making things private or public. Perhaps I hadn't noticed before?
                          The options were there before Sue and I had tried over and over to change them - some you could change and after hitting save they stayed; others (two of which I needed for changing what I wanted to change) changed to show something different until you pushed the save button. After saving the page reloaded and you were back to square one.
                          I guess some buttons were just not linked to be changed by users.
                          Marianne

Comment

Thank you, Marianne.

Another thing I have learned that may help others...if it looks like something isn't working after making a response, or using pull-down, after save or send, ReFresh or Reload the browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, whatever). I've made a lot of user errors and it's getting easier.

What I like: searchable shows. Awesome feature. Loading all my pictures, instead of picking a few.

Comment

Originally posted by "suehenyon" post=124698
                              Thank you, Marianne.

Another thing I have learned that may help others...if it looks like something isn't working after making a response, or using pull-down, after save or send, ReFresh or Reload the browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, whatever). I've made a lot of user errors and it's getting easier.

What I like: searchable shows. Awesome feature. Loading all my pictures, instead of picking a few.
                              I agree there is a lot to like once it gets up and running properly. I very much like not to be looged out every half hour or so but only when I decide to log out!
                              We are very much learning "on the hoof" and some things that works one day does not work the next because it is being worked on behind the scenes (I guess) so sometimes it is worth coming back a couple of days later and try again. Reload the page or closing down the browser as you mention can help or even just logging out and in again to the site can make a difference.
                              Sadly though the "beta-testing" we are doing and has been doing for some time now is putting people off using the site and is sadly leading to a loss of valuable members. Let's hope 2015 starts bright and cheerful with the site up and running in full and most of the "bugs" weeded out.
                              I see Alex' Facebook stream is now available from the home page. Ricky has to play catch-up now
                              Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by "Marianne-is-sewing" post=124700
                                Originally posted by "suehenyon" post=124698
                                Thank you, Marianne.

I agree there is a lot to like once it gets up and running properly. I very much like not to be looged out every half hour or so but only when I decide to log out!
                                We are very much learning "on the hoof" and some things that works one day does not work the next because it is being worked on behind the scenes (I guess) so sometimes it is worth coming back a couple of days later and try again. Reload the page or closing down the browser as you mention can help or even just logging out and in again to the site can make a difference.
                                Sadly though the "beta-testing" we are doing and has been doing for some time now is putting people off using the site and is sadly leading to a loss of valuable members. Let's hope 2015 starts bright and cheerful with the site up and running in full and most of the "bugs" weeded out.
                                I see Alex' Facebook stream is now available from the home page. Ricky has to play catch-up now
                                Marianne
                                Just FYI - Beta testing of software is external testing of changes, by experienced volunteer users of that software before its rollout into production. Those users should test all functions and features to ensure that they all work as intended before impacting the entire customer/user community. As we are all seeing now, its much more difficult to track and make those software fixes after the new software is in production. I sure would not want to be in Bob's shoes right now, but I'll keep him in my prayers. I truly want TQS to succeed.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 15 users online. 0 members and 15 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X