[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New website

Heads up! I see on the Daily Blog page there is a tiny banner stating the new website is rolling out Sunday Nov 2. It sounds like TQS will be off line for a little while.
    Carol in SW Michigan

I can feel the withdrawal symptoms already

Good luck with the launch TQS

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I think we'll be thrilled with the interface. The search is going to be much easier. I just hope we don't lose access to all of the great forum discussions of the past. There is a lot of institutional memory, so to speak, here, and I'm not sure we could ever duplicate it.

Comment

If I understood correctly what they told us in Houston, it is all coming along to the new site plus a wonderful new index. It sounds great. We'll be able to look subjects up, guests, just what minute things are showing in which show! I can't wait to check it out.
        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

So it has all changed now - looks nice and clean and easier on my old eyes :cheer:
          Looking forward to exploring further.
          Marianne

Comment

Having trouble navigating the forum, but the rest of the site looks good. It will take some getting used to using this new format. Miss the old forum for now! Janet

Comment

The only thing I haven't found so far is the "new post" button that used to at the top. "Recent Topics" though achieves more or less the same. The more I investigate the more I like this new adventure! You'll soon get used to it Janet, I'm sure - in 6 months time we would find it difficult to navigate the old forum
              Marianne

Comment

I've looked around a little bit and it looks good, but there seems to be some things missing. First, it looks like all of the member blogs were lost. There had been some discussion on that and we had hoped that they would be kept, but no such luck as far as I can tell. To me that's a biggie so I'll probably be looking for someplace else to blog so things won't be lost. The other thing I can't find is my quilt information. I see the photos of my quilts under my account, but I can't find any of the information I entered beyond the description. But I may just have to explore further to find that information since they seem to display it with the quilt gallery.

Comment

Lost and confused at the moment !

Comment

So, it looks like the extra quilt information is available in the quilt gallery, but is not accessible directly from your account. For me, it's easy since I have an easy string to search for in the gallery. Not sure how to see some other people's quilts. For example, I tried to look at Marilyn's quilts by searching for "idaho", but, obviously, got a lot of other stuff. The only way I've found to see someone else's profile page is to find some place where their avatar is showing and click on that. It would be nice to have the member search that we had before. But maybe it's here and I just haven't found it yet.

I would also like to change my default for subscribing to forum topics, but I haven't found that yet either.

Comment

Hum? Nancy...When view your profile quilts I get a "dancing" square in the middle of the pic.
                      That is just not nice !! Goes away on my own. Things seem to be a little unhandy at the moment.

Comment

Hmmm. I get dancing squares just for a couple of seconds when looking at yours, but then it goes to the pictures. Maybe there's a high load as people are exploring the new site.

I forgot to mention that the quilt information no longer includes awards. And just when I got my first one put in there!

Comment

Maybe we will get an introductory video on the blog once the dust has settled and we have all had a good rummage in the tabs and categories. It's a bit like moving house - you know you had a meat tenderiser in the last house but where on earth is it now? 10 months later you find it in DH's tool box because it was used to dismantle something in the old house :silly:

Marianne

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Love the new website!! Fantastic! I'm eager to explore more.
                              Jules~

@julesquilts on IG 
                              working farm wife and quilter in the off-seasons
                              Tired. 
                              Modern quilter, QOV volunteer, Improv, FPP w/o stitching on paper, freehand quilting on my long-arm.
                              Bernina Artista 200E, Elna Serger, Handi Quilter Fusion, a lot of old Singers and other vintage and antique machines.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X