[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "NancyinSTL" post=124703
    Just FYI - Beta testing of software is external testing of changes, by experienced volunteer users of that software before its rollout into production. Those users should test all functions and features to ensure that they all work as intended before impacting the entire customer/user community. As we are all seeing now, its much more difficult to track and make those software fixes after the new software is in production. I sure would not want to be in Bob's shoes right now, but I'll keep him in my prayers. I truly want TQS to succeed.
    Hi Nancy,
    I have been beta-tester for a piece of software in the past so am aware what it entails and what it is about. I just hinted tongue-in-cheek at the fact that we as members are doing the beta-testing of the new web-site which we really shouldn't be doing - it should have been done before the launch but seeing it wasn't we have to go for the ride if we want it to succeed and just keep helping each other as well as test, test, test and test again AND let support know what doesn't work as we think it should. I too want TQS to stay alive and kicking - which is why I keep coming back to play :woohoo:
    Hope you will stay around too
    Marianne

Comment

I'm sure the site will be wonderful once the "bugs" are worked out. I haven't had a lot of time to explore but have some of the same concerns as other. I will wait it out as I have plenty of other things to do for now. In the meantime let's get in the Christmas spirit and say something positive about the site. Some of you have done that in the last few posts. I especially like the high quality of the photos where you can see the quilting detail.

Comment

Does anyone know if the shows on the new website are compatible with Chromecast? It sure would be nice to be able to watch the demos on a BIG screen!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by "Marianne-is-sewing" post=124583
          When I go to Profile - Edit Profile this is what I see:

I don't want to share my postcode so I have tried deleting it, changing it to my name, changing the box on the right to the padlock so it should not be shared but despite saving all these different options several times over it is still visible in my profile so changes do not go through.
          The "option" button only allows you to change whether your information is shared with the public, site members or friends. Thanks for pointing out that there is this option available too MontanaGramma

I do not want to be an alarmist but I have recently had my creditcard information stolen and that happened because a retailer where I used my card did not have good enough card security (that is what my bank informed me but did not tell me who!) so I had to fight to get GBP 615 back - not something I want to repeat any time soon. We do not here in UK have the possibility to get one-go creditcard numbers as you do in US so anything we buy online has to be with the "real" card. If there is a breach of security on a site and it is possible to link a card number with a name and an address you are in real trouble. It may be very easy to deal with identy theft in the US but believe me it ain't in this country or other European countries either. TQS has an international membership so this is of importance. Sorry if I have trod on anybody's toes (hope your got your coffee hot and strong, Sue) but my identity is more important to me than TQS is. Off now to contact support. I will report back unless I get thown off the forum before that :kiss:
          When I go to edit my own Profile, I see a lot more information than what other members see - that information is for administrative purposes. You can always call the phone number listed under the "Contact" section at the top of the webpage if you have a problem with something that is listed in your account or profile. That number is answered by Rose, one person, so please don't everyone call unless you feel it is important. She can help you with account problems, purchasing problems, etc.

I am here to help with the forum and group areas of the website. You can go to your Profile, click on "Edit Profile" and you will see on the right hand side little drop down boxes for the information listed. You can choose to let only this website's members see the info, or only friends see it, or lock it. Please let me know if you are having problems with this.

Kathy

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

I replied to your private message this morning, Kathy - Thank You
            I also sent these messages to forum in this topic to tell people that the problem I reported has been resolved here:
            https://thequiltshow.com/forum/website-questions-and-suggestions/7236-new-website?start=210#124685
            https://thequiltshow.com/forum/website-questions-and-suggestions/7236-new-website?start=210#124695
            However despite setting my name and city to be visible to "only me" in the drop-down box on the right hand side it looks like it is still visible to members on the "About me" page so the two pages are not properly linked by the looks of it. Hopefully now people are made aware of the problems with the pages they will quickly do something about this unless it is actually a problem with Kunena Forum set-up then it will be difficult to do anything about. I have no other experience with Kunena forums on the other groups I belong to.
            Marianne

Comment

Hi ! When I look at your profile all I see is gender, comment"I like to play with fab....", and GB. United Kingdom.
              Think you're hidden pretty good. I, for one appreciate knowing where you are if not who you are..... :dry:

Comment

Something I just noticed but maybe you already discussed this. When you go to the Forum and click on Recent Topics, now when you go to the drop down menu where you can select for how long, there is now one that says "Since Last Visit." I think that is new.

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=124743
                  Hi ! When I look at your profile all I see is gender, comment"I like to play with fab....", and GB. United Kingdom.
                  Think you're hidden pretty good. I, for one appreciate knowing where you are if not who you are..... :dry:
                  Thank you for letting me know, Marilyn - pleased that has been sorted too As to who I am - uhm a GOW most of the time, sometime a GOC and from time to time a GO(bleep) hmy:
                  I promise I will try to behave now and only post about quilting which I have better get back to if I am to finish my Christmas tree before the 24th
                  Marianne

Comment

I 'm glad your concerns have been relieved ...and as I know what the GB stands for in the address, I'll
                    admit I don't know wether to laugh or be offended by the acronyms in your reply......I think I'll laugh. :lol: :silly: :huh:
                    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by "idaho" post=124749
                      I 'm glad your concerns have been relieved ...and as I know what the GB stands for in the address, I'll
                      admit I don't know wether to laugh or be offended by the acronyms in your reply......I think I'll laugh. :lol: :silly: :huh:
                      :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                      I'm glad you laughed - I certainly never meant to offend you!
                      Seriously I have better stay off the forum because I seem to be capable of stirring and offending left, right and centre these days. I will wish for a new kind of humour from Father Christmas and see if I can start 2015 in a better way. See you back here after New Year - who knows how the website will look then :silly:
                      Take care and have a lovely holiday
                      Marianne

Comment

Did something change since yesterday. I can get to the site if I use Explorer but my preferred browser is Chrome. Chrome worked until this morning when I tried to get to the site by clicking on a link from the TQS newsletter.

I get the following error. Now, I cannot get to the site from Chrome at all even if I type in the address manually.

Method Not Implemented

GET to /daily-blog/106-website-features/23112-tqs-zoom-quilt-bom-2015-my-country-house-by-lynette-anderson not supported.
                        Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                        <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

I get the "Method not implemented" error on my work laptop and have not been able to get to the web site from there since last week. Luckily, I still have access from my personal laptop. Others have been able to clear this error by clearing out the cache in their browser, so you might want to try that.

Comment

Perhaps the problem is the link - I can get to this site on Chrome by typing www.thequiltshow.com without the added extension.

Kathy

Comment

I followed Nancy's instructions by clearing out the cache and it worked. Thanks Nancy and Kathy.

I'll just log on instead of clicking on the newsletter links since the newsletter information is live now.

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
                              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

I have had the same problem. I still can't use my preferred browser, but can access the site using Foxfire. I guess I should empty my cache, but I've got to figure out how.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X