[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

New website

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susan, Looks like that baby finally decided it's was time to meet you! Congratulations!

Comment

but i dont want to have to do all these extra steps in going to the forum, i did not have to in the old one, i dont want a facebook type forum, and i dont understand why the old site had to have such a huge amount of changes, update yes i can understand.

Originally posted by "kmitchel" post=124853
      Hi! I have found that when I go to Recent Topics, then select the time period (24 hours), the topics that have been updated during this time will have a very tiny green number. Click on the green number, and it will take you to the most recent entries.

Hope this helps!
      Kathy

Taree NSW - Australia
      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by "Patchworkjill" post=124850
        With the old site when you went into a topic on the forum the first page that came up was the latest comment, now it seems to be the other way around........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        To easily go to the last comment of a topic, instead of clicking on the topic title, click on "last post" over in the right hand column - when you put your mouse on it, it will turn red, then click.

Kathy

Taree NSW - Australia
        My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

I wish we could have a kind of TQS website user's manual. My memory is not so good anymore. I won't be able to remember these great tips here and there. I fear I am not expressing this very well. I hope this makes sense.

Comment

Wow, I just used the search on show list, FANTASTIC. I typed in pho and got a great list of shows about using, transferring photos to a quilt. I want to use a photo in a label for grand daughters quilt.

I am starting to get familiar with the new site and am enjoying it. Still don't know how to add photos to my profile page from my iPad, but will try next year! Janet

Comment

Could Bob give us back the old show and tell? Also the old way to add photo to the BOM where we can see who posted the photo and comments. This group thing is just too confusing. Love the old simple way. Now I have to search this new site to try to find anything. . Janet

Comment

I like Judith's idea about some help with using this new site!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! And Happy New Year too!

I will be doing some serious thinking and re-thinking about re-joining TQS for another year. I like the BOM, but I really do have so many ufo's, that I could probably spend a year just getting caught up. Remember the Wott Rot exchange? Well, that's just one.

I have contacted/been contacted by a few other TQS-ers and they also are not sure of renewing, mainly because of this new website. So, If I don't show up, you can always email me, or try me on FB. It's too bad that they didn't do a few tests before launching this. I had emailed admin with some comments which were never answered. I know some of you have finally worked out some of the glitches, but that takes time, which is scarce these days. Given the headaches and frustrations so many of us have had it just doesn't seem a good value anymore. I can keep in contact with those of you who are 'friends' in other ways.

But...I may change my mind...the BOM is very nice

Take care, Y'all

Comment

Originally posted by "jansk44" post=125101
                    Could Bob give us back the old show and tell? Also the old way to add photo to the BOM where we can see who posted the photo and comments. This group thing is just too confusing. Love the old simple way. Now I have to search this new site to try to find anything. . Janet
                    The BOM Group allows you to add photos to albums in the group where you can see who posted it and make comments. You just need to scroll down below the photo to see the comment area.

Comment

Terrie - Sorry you are feeling that way. I don't recall receiving messages from you, perhaps they went to someone else. I answer any direct messages I receive.

The membership fee gives you access to volumes of quilting education with years worth of shows, classes, and the free DVDs that will be available for a whole year in 2015. Considering that, it is a great value for the price. I have taken classes on another website where the cost of one class (or two classes on sale) is equal to the membership fee here where there is tons more info.

Is it the social side of the new website that you are frustrated with? The forum and groups are free to all members. We are listening to comments made here and are trying to make improvements to better serve the members, but it takes some time. Unfortunately, the old site was not sustainable and might eventually have crashed with much loss. It was no longer considered safe to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by "jansk44" post=125102
                        I like Judith's idea about some help with using this new site!
                        I'm here to help and answer your questions. I've posted some tips already. Would you like me to post a Topic in the forum where you can see the info all in one place? I could lock it so no one else can post comments on it so it would be easier for people to read. People could continue to post their comments on this discussion.

Comment

Terrie, I feel sorry by the thought that you would leave TQS. There is so much on this site that I consider it very cheap even when I have to deal with the site not working in certain areas. At the moment I go directly to the forum and click on recent posts, then read them and leave again. When I have more time I look at different things and try to figure out how they work. I'm sure that the TQS staff is working hard on this and are nearly as frustrated as we are. I will hang on and I really hope you and the others make the same decision.
                          Merry Christmas to all of you

living in Central Denmark
                          Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Still prefer bobs program! Viewing this new site with iPad is not so enjoyable. Got so frustrated trying to add photos from my iPad i have just given up. I just hate that group thing! Janet

Comment

I think that would be a great idea!

Kathy in Ca

Comment

So sad people are thinking of leaving. When you go to any new website there is always a learning curve, only difference is you accept it on a new site because you have nothing to compare it to. I'm fairly new here so I hadn't really gotten use to the previous way it worked. I so enjoy all of you photos and inspiration! Hang in there.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 123 users online. 0 members and 123 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X