• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Dawn superb and your quilting is so fine

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

My favorite bird. Perfectly beautiful!

Comment

That really is a champion looking quilt, Dawn.

Comment

Thank you, ladies! I love a cheering section!

Nancy and BJ, your quilts finished off nicely! Nancy, I do like the quilting you did in the background. And, BJ, looks like you used a lot of challenge coordinates? I didn't this year, but all of my fabric IS Hoffman. Hopefully, that will count for something.

And, when I finally submitted my online entry today (yeah, Nancy, the payment method is a bit strange) I hovered over my photos, and saw that mine were numbers 405 and 406. So, I'm guessing I am the 203rd entry. BJ, if you haven't entered yours yet, be sure to hover your curser over you pictures, and let us know what number they are up to, when you enter. Just curious.

And, like the two of you, I still need to make a sleeve and a label. And, fix a few stitches in the backside that I am not pleased with.
          Dawn

Comment

Originally posted by "Scoopie" post=137462
            Thank you, ladies! I love a cheering section!

BJ, if you haven't entered yours yet, be sure to hover your curser over you pictures, and let us know what number they are up to, when you enter. Just curious.

And, like the two of you, I still need to make a sleeve and a label. And, fix a few stitches in the backside that I am not pleased with.
            Dawn
            Hi Dawn...the numbers were 526 and 527, and that was this morning about an hour ago, so I'm guessing 263 quilts so far.

Also, everyone making a Hoffman Challenge, note that they require the label to be 4" x 4" and that it be placed on the bottom right corner. I've never seen one so specific. LOL

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Thanks for the update on the entry numbers, BJ! That's 60 entries between mine at 3:00 on Saturday, and yours earlier this morning. At that rate, I'm guessing there will be another 150 to 200 more entries, since so many people don't finish up until the last minute!

Yeah, I can remember last year, trying to get all of my embroidered label information scrunched down into a 4" x 4" label! Personally, I would have liked to put the label in the middle of the bottom this year, because I kind of made a two sided quilt, and the right hand side will cover part of the limb/vine. Oh well! No biggie!

Dawn

Comment

I use printed on fabric labels now, so I can get everything clear and have all the information...some are quite pretty too. But I think 4 inches is really small, and I wonder why they require that.

Comment

Wow! Dawn, your bird is AMAZING!

I've been away and wasn't able to post links to my blogs.
                  This is my latest post:
                  http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/06/sashings-finished.html

This is the link to my anniversary post--I've been back blogging for a whole year! I'm celebrating with a give away.
                  http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/06/its-official-first-anniversary-and-give.html

This is the link to my new project. I'm working on blocks guild members gifted me when I was president a few years ago.
                  http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/06/president-blocks-new-project.html

Comment

Terry, I have enjoyed your blog posts this past year. Congratulations on all your accomplishments! I look forward to following you next year.

I tried to post to your blog but google wants me to jump through hoops and give my phone number, so I'll just connect with you through this site. Hope this is ok!

geneva
                    Geneva

Comment

I'm really excited about finishing my African dance quilt! I decided to name it Uchangamfu, which is Swahili for "exuberance." Of course, it still needs a hanging sleeve and a label, but I'll still call it finished. If interested, you can read about it here.

Comment

Nancy! Your African quilt is perfect!! Love the fabrics, colors, quilting and the name!

Thanks for sharing. geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

I've a new blog post for today. You can read it here:
                          http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/07/happy-fourth.html

It's a departure from a full on quilting post.
                          Geneva, it's okay if you follow me here. I think the reason google wanted your phone number is if you forgot your password, you could have it texted to you.

Comment

Nancy your African dance quilt is wonderful! I was trying to reply on your blog and somehow hit the wrong button and lost it...but I also wanted to tell you that I like your knit hat. The colors are great. What are you going to make next?

Terry, Your trip to Paris sounded delightful. I have never been there, oddly, since I've been to France several times. LOL

I have made a good start on my spiral galaxy quilt. Here's today's blog about it: Spiral galaxy blog

Happy 4th everyone! I've had fun quiltng today...it's raining and so we aren't doing any sort of cook out, but we are having hamburgers.

Cheers everybody.

Comment

Hi BJ -

Thanks for your kind comments! I have so many projects I want to work on in the short-term that I'll definitely stay out of trouble:
                              - a little bag that I started this weekend that is almost finished
                              - a wallhanging planned for my nephew using Karen Stone's new EPP by machine method
                              - a wallhanging using patterns from Philipa Naylor's book that I started working on a while ago with some friends
                              - some rag quilt blocks that need to be put together
                              - finish quilting my Jacqueline de Jonge wallhanging
                              - finish the scarf I'm currently knitting
                              - knit beaded lace shawls for my other 2 nieces.
                              - make books for my family members

I think I'll be busy for a while now!

Comment

Nancy, :woohoo: You WILL be busy. :blink: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X