[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janice, your link worked for me, and it's a wonderful blog post...what a delight for those little girls.
    I have been putting on crystals, putting on crystals, putting on crystals...LOL...and yesterday the fabric for the binding came, so I got that cut today, but didn't get it put together or applied. I did write a new blog post on my use of practice pieces for me. Cheers everyone! I love your blogs.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

[b]Betty Jo[/b] - love the test piece. It is going to be a stunning piece. On the "true" panel have you thought of a way to make the center of the spiral galaxy lighter/brighter as they usually are?

Nancy - The little doll dresses are soooo enchanting. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I think that adding some fabric glitter paint, which dries clear leaving behind some glitter that stays on well will do the trick. I'm going to bind and block it tomorrow and then finish all the crystals and add the glitter paint. That's going to be little scary to do that after the quilt is essentially finished.

Comment

Betty Jo, your suggestion to make a practice piece especially on something as intricate as you are working on is a great idea.
          Janice

Comment

I announced the winner of the "pocket bag." You can read about it here:
            http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-winner-and-finish-1-for-qal.html

Comment

Terry, Nice backings! And what a cute little bib! It's so nice to complete something that has been "watching" you for awhile.

Take care, geneva
              Geneva

Comment

Geneva, I'm tee heeing over projects watching me. . .golly, I have a lot of "eyes" on me in the studio!! Thanks for brightening my day with your comment!

Comment

BJ, I wanted so much to use some glitter paint on my Hoffman Challenge hummingbird's throat! But, being a quilt that repeatedly gets folded and unfolded, I though it could eventually transfer little sparkles to others, so decided not to. But, that is the first thing I will do once it returns back home, before entering it into regular shows. I'm not sure what I have, because I bought the teacher's little sample bottle to play with and it is unmarked. But, I learned that a little goes a long ways!

Dawn

Comment

Dawn, I think some of them remain a little sticky, so it is really important to do a test on your glitter. I use setacolor glitter. I buy it from Dick Blick It works great and I have used it on several quilts that have traveled a lot.

Comment

I've added another post regarding our trip. http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-manor-founcroup.html

I'm finding it is a challenge to blog twice in a week! Who knew making a little addition like that would be a challenge! Please come visit!

Comment

Terry it looks like a fabulous place to stay. What great memories! The 3 girls on a sill would make a marvelous quilt ( I am thinking a la David Taylor).

Comment

Carla, I agree about ala David Taylor!!

Comment

Terry, I double dog dare you to make a David Taylor-esque chicken quilt from the three girls on the window as inspiration. I'm sure you can do it. I bet if you got in touch with him he'd even give you some suggestions.

Comment

He just might, Betty Jo! I think it would be a fun quilt to make. . .just won't be putting it on my to do list any time soon. One chicken quilt at a time! tee tee!!!

Comment

I just published a new blog post : Spiral Galaxy Completed and a Few Thoughts. The completion of the galaxy quilt has cleared the way for me to now make the quilt my oldest son designed for me. It's a little scary to make...LOL...It's related to the knights of the round table and has a celtic design border. The border is the most difficult thing to figure out how to make. I'm not sharing the whole design, but I will probably share little bits here and there. I had the background he designed, which is castle walls, printed at Spoonflower. I will be detail quilting that and adding a lot of interesting, but perhaps difficult, appliques onto that background and then the celtic borders. My goodness! He gave me the threads and fabrics too. This was my birthday present in March and I have been chipping away at digitizing some of the required machine embroidery objects since then. I also have to dye a piece of Radiance cotton/silk, because Kaufman doesn't make a dark enough green. He gave me prepared for dye Radiance. :huh: :dry: :side: :silly: :cheer:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X