[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Geneva! And thanks for the offer! It's so kind of you to offer up your fabric, especially since that piece would be a reminder of your trip! I have a good pile of African fabric that I should use up before dipping into other people's fabric. I'm excited to be using a bit of it!

Comment

Nancy, I love your Challenge quilt. It has a lot of life, and I liked your blog description of the marking problems. It reminds me of some of my problems with marking...LOL...
      Meanwhile, I got my Q20 going and spent much of the week in a kind of private retreat, practicing on the Q20 and taking several classes on iquilt. I am really happy with how things are going. It seems likely that my quilting will improve and be faster, but I will need regular practice. Anyway, I wrote a new blog post about all this. Cheers everyone.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Betty Jo your first day of practice already looked so good and day two even better. It won't take you long to be very familiar with your new machine.
        Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Betty Jo - fun to see your new machine and some of your getting acquainted quilting!

Barb
          Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Luann, received your blog post today.

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother in law. And for your friend Mike. May your memories of them ease your pain.

Loved your batik stars quilt!

And good luck with your sorting!

geneva
            Geneva

Comment

Hi Everyone,
              My newest post on my blog, A Positive Outlook shows the last two crazy quilt blocks for my project featuring photos from my grandmother's album. The next step will be putting the twelve blocks together.
              Also, if you visit, please scroll down a bit, you will see my completed Jacqueline de Jonge piece as I finally worked up the courage to quilt it. I was afraid that I might ruin it, so I decided to stitch in the ditch and am very happy with how it turned out.

Comment

Enjoyed looking at your crazy quilt blocks! I'm gathering items for one of my own...can you share your method of photo printing?
                Yours are so clear and sharp ! Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

Comment

Thank you, Marilyn.
                  I actually wrote a post about the photo transfer product/method that I use. Here's the link to that post. The photos in my grandmother's album are quite small and faded, but with iiPhoto I was able to get a working image. It's a simple but powerful editing program. Whichever program you use, I find I use the "contrast" and "definition" sliders even more then the "sharpness" slider.
                  Janice

Comment

Thanks for the link...I will keep working ! BTW...Emma is a beauty ! Makes me remember my dear Pepper...she's
                    been gone many years now....but always near in my heart !

Comment

Janice, I read your blog. your crazy quilt blocks are gorgeous!

Comment

Hi everyone. I hope you are all in good shape and having some fun. I just finished my Hoffman Challenge 2016! So I blogged about it and I'm all set to start a new quilt and do some blog reading catch up. Cheers!

Comment

I've finished my Hoffman Challenge quilt, too. I also did some more work on my niece's African dance quilt. I really like how that's looking! You can read about it here, if interested. Since the Challenge deadline is quickly approaching, I didn't bother to put the challenge quilt stuff at the bottom of the post.

Comment

Yup, BJ and Nancy, I finished my Hoffman Challenge, too. I've spent the last three days trying to get the perfect picture, and finally decided on this one. (I have no blog to share it on.)

To those of you who might think it is a great photo. It is not, by a judge's standards. The lower right section is darker than the upper left section. That is what happens when you don't have proper photo lighting. But, the picture is crystal clear, the colors are true to the challenge fabric, and the quilting shows well, so it will be my entry photo. I'm hoping it will "Wow!" the judges enough to overlook the lighting imbalance.

I did read up on an easy and fairly inexpensive way to get great quilt photos, in a link on the IQA site, but there isn't enough time to order the special daylight bulbs and put together the stands for them. But, this all makes sense! Take the pictures at night with specific lights. The lighting will not change. If you rely on natural light coming through the windows, it will be continually changing, and each photo will be different. I had actually gotten to the almost perfect picture, and my camera battery died. After two hours charging, my perfect daylight was gone.

Dawn

Comment

Really a stunning quilt Dawn!!! I predict a ribbon for this one...I really do. :cheer:

Comment

I am really blown away by the beauty and intricacy of your quilt, Dawn! Magnificent!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X