[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you're back quilting with gusto Nancy.

I've mostly been doing exchanges but started a quilt for myself with simple piecing, I'll show you it when it's underway properly. I've added a blog post link - Here

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy....I'm thinkin' it's good you're stitchin' but those watercolors are pretty special ! Won't you share here???Please ? :whistle:

Comment

:lol: that's a quick way to have the thread locked again! Naughty Marilyn get me in trouble.

Perhaps I can post next one on retreat thread where we're always off topic

Comment

:blush: ops: Sorry Wendy.....don't want to get anyone in trouble.....just appreciating your talent !

Comment

Wendy, I am very impressed with your paintings! You are such an artist! Also your TQS rows........who made the appliqué birds? They look great!

BJ, your new quilt speaks to me! I have had a similar picture in my sewing room for years, all in golds and oranges. Mine is more like a Big Bang spiral. I even bought threads for it. But, have moved on to other projects since. I do not envy you taking a picture of THAT one! It will be a challenge with the Angelina ans the crystals! Good luck with your entry!

Nancy, your African quilt says fun and high energy to me! I love to dance and I love color! It is a great gift, and I'm sure she will love it! I thought your project goals were a bit intimidating, and then I realized I have about 6 projects I need to get done by the time our quilt show comes around in September, and almost panicked! Guess I'd better get busy! Two are small ones from scratch, three are "finishing-up", and the last one is making center pieces for the eating area tables. Again!

Terry.....Paris, ahhhh. Been to France, never to Paris. Stayed at Caracissone (something like that) and also visited the Dali museum. THAT was a trip! He was one strange dude!
            Dawn

Comment

Such a rebel Marilyn :lol: but I do appreciate your encouragement and thank you Dawn. The bird row was made by Cathy, great aren't they.

Comment

Wendy your watercolours are wonderful, be very proud of yourself.
                Warm wishes Pam (in Scotland)

Comment

Thanks Pam :cheer:

Comment

Hi all -

I have a new blog post available here. I've made a couple of new little bags and a knitted scarf. I also share my design for a new quilt I"m going to make for the Kansas City Hospice House. Stop by if you're interested!

Comment

Nancy, what a great blog! You sure have lots of progress going on in your neck of the woods!

I blogged about our trip here.

I finally saw the Bayeux Tapestry!!!

Comment

Nancy, your first chevron quilt is very cool and your new patriotic quilt will be a wonderful gift to your mother's hospice. I can't wait to see it done. I really like those little bags you made. They look so handy and cool.

Terry, I'm glad you made it to the Bayeux tapestry display. Your trip sounds so fun!

geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

Nancy, love, love, love the little bags! I wear sweats a lot, and they don't have pockets. I always wish I had one of those cuties when I vacuum! I usually hold the vacuum in one hand, and my phone in the other. Dumb, huh!?!? (DH worries if he calls, and I don't answer. You'd think I was frail and in my 80's!) And, your chevron quilt is cool! Cam't wait to see it in progress!

Terry, what an interesting tapestry! Thanks for sharing! Interesting how history has been captured over the years. We had "painted caves" near my childhood home. And, I know about those European meals! We had a 5 or 6 course business dinner one night that took three hours. It was wonderful!!!!

Dawn

Comment

I couldn't comment on your blog for some reason. What a great trip. We learn about the tapestry in school but I've not seen it so am very jealous. My quilts get used, I make sure I tell people they are definitely for using.

Comment

I got to see the Bayeux Tapestry back in 1978 and remember being in awe of the size. I also recall that you could stand at the doorway to the room it was in the and seeing the whole thing in one glance. There is also a copy of it that was made in 1885 by the Leek Embroidery Society and is now owned by Reading Museum, and on display in a purpose built gallery, if you want to go see it Wendy.

Comment

Thanks for the info Rosemary. Lucky you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 33 users online. 0 members and 33 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X