[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dawn, I will check out your Hoffman Challenge on the virtual retreat (it's so long I generally don't read it because I get lost there...LOL). I am quilting mine now. Just wrote a blog yesterday: http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/05/finishing-things-so-i-can-start-new-things/ As you can tell if you read that, I have been extremely busy lately.

Anne, let us know how things go for you today. Prayed for you already today. Cheers.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

Gosh Betty Jo, you wore me out just reading the blog. :lol: :lol: I think you are having lots of fun with the studio rearranging, and the anticipation of the new Q20. WOW!!! I am sure you will pick it all up very well. You are so talented.
      I started 3 new projects last week. One at our guild meeting, one at our guild retreat, and one I purchased fabric for last year. It is the most fun because it is bright, cheerful batiks. Now I had to pause with that to make DH some shirts I promised. They are batiks too. I ended up with 2 fat quarters of scraps left so that part is good. Simple shirt pattern, so I should finish the first one today. If he likes it okay, I will start the 2nd tomorrow.

Comment

Cathy, I'm mostly enjoying the anticipation of getting my new Q20 and having the studio in good organization. But yes it's going to be really fun. Please show pics of your hubby's shirts.

Comment

Hi all,
          Thank you for your good wishes. I'm glad it's all over and it wasn't so bad just uncomfortable, fortunately I didn't have to have a stent all my arteries are clear, it is such a relief especially for my daughter and son after what we have been through this year.
          I have to rest for 48 hours and not use my right arm.....the nurse said "treat it as if it was broken" avoid excessive bending of the wrist as this will strain the artery. As you can imagine this is very difficult as you use your wrist without thinking but I am trying to be good. I'm feeling well but can't do any sewing yet maybe next week.
          Betty Jo good luck with your studio re arranging.......I do that in my mind when I can't sleep at night.
          Have a nice weekend everyone
          Anne

Comment

Sounds positive Anne, speedy recovery xx. Perhaps well have good weather so you can relax and have some fresh air. Bright but chilly here so far

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Glad to hear that it went well, Ann, and that your arteries don't need 'rodding out'. Hope you have sunshine to enjoy this evening and tomorrow (no chance Monday, seeing as it is a bank holiday, although we can but hope :blink: :P )

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Anne, so glad things went well. Seems a good excuse to catch up on your reading and favorite old movies to me. I appreciate all the good thoughts on my reorg. Cheers.

Comment

I just finished a new blog post about a little art quilt that I just made for a friend. Art quilts are a bit out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed working on this one! If you are interested, you can read about it here.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                    I just posted two more blocks from my crazy quilt project, "Photos from My Grandmother's Album" on my blog A Positive Outlook. . . http://apositiveoutlook-janice.blogspot.com
                    If you stop by, please be sure to scroll down to check out glimpses from my garden, the hawk family who has once again chosen my church's steeple for its nest, and view some images of Boston's Public Garden and its iconic Swanboats.
                    Janice

Comment

Anne, I'm so glad everything went well! You should just about be back to normal now, huh!? DH said he was amazed at the tiny size of the incision they make in the wrist! (His was done a couple of years ago.) Take care! Enjoy your upcoming quilt show!

Nancy, you did a lot of artsy stuff with your crab! A lot of work, a lot of fun! Lucky recipient/friend! I didn't know you were doing the Hoffman Challenge this year! Have you shared any of that on your blog site?

BJ, you blog site page link you headed me to said.....Page not found. I know I can find it somehow, just haven't had the time to figure out how. Gotta get mine quilted! And fast! I hate having to take a picture of it this year! Who's bright idea was THAT!

Dawn

Comment

Hi Dawn -

I have been including work on my Hoffman Challenge in my blog. I've been putting it at the bottom with a bunch of blank space above so anyone who was working on their own challenge quilt and didn't want to see what I was doing could easily skip it. Mine is pretty plain, especially compared to yours, but I'm enjoying it. I'll probably have a post just on that quilt so far this weekend. I've gotten some of the quilting done.

Thanks!

Comment

HI everybody! I get my Bernina Q20 next week..I thought it was set that it would be Monday, but it seems a little uncertain just what day it will be. Then I will have a day of setup and training after that. In the meantime, I have gotten my studio all ready for this big event and in between have been working on my Hoffman Challenge, since the deadline is rapidly approaching. I posted a new blog today. http://www.blog.bjfabricartist.com/2016/06/on-organic-quilting-for-landscapes/ I will be totally busy next week, but I hope to get to reading everyone's blogs for my occasional spots of sitting and resting. Cheers!

Comment

I finished my hexagon quilt and blogged about it here:
                            http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/06/hexagon-quilt-4th-qal-finish-2nd-quarter.html
                            Finished feels GREAT!

I'm way behind on reading what everyone has been doing; but, I'm off to do some well deserved catching up!!

Comment

Terry your hexagon quilt is wonderful! And a new iron to prove it!
                              Nancy, loved your description of your crab quilt. Thanks for showing us all the steps.
                              BJ, I can feel your excitement for your new machine. Can't wait to hear more about it when it arrives.
                              Dawn, your bird is amazing! I hope you and your husband are healing well. Take your time...

Thanks for sharing everyone!
                              geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Thanks Terry, I agree. I have been with TQS since the beginning (shy of a month) and I have been extremely disappointed that the blogs did not move with the design change to the site. I feel so alienated from the other quilters now and what was going on in their lives and their quilt stories. Losing the blogs has truly diminished the site. I pretty much just visit the site for the shows every other week now

Carla

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 70 users online. 0 members and 70 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X