[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! I have all your books and ruler for that block and made several blocks then got called away on other things..now have sorted some of my scraps and cut others into strips to do more.
    Karen Wheeler

Comment

My quilt is finished :shock: :shock:
      It's quilted and bound :shock: :shock: ....now I just need to take a photo of it - will try to do that tomorrow and post it
      Woohoo!!!!

Comment

Congratulations Robyn. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Comment

I took a look on your Profile Page, Robyn. Very, very nice!!! I, for some reason, am doing an 8x8 block top. Twenty down, 44 more to do and, e-e-e-e-k, I may be running out of scraps! I didn't think it was possible. I may have to cut into yardage or just whittle away at it as scraps are created over the next couple of years! :? I love doing the block, though. :lol:

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Well.....here it is. I have called it "Howzat" - which the Aussies and Brits will know is a cricketing term. As I was trimming the last block, a song called "Howzat" came on the radio - it was one of my favourite songs back in the 70's so I thought that just had to be the name of the quilt It was quilted by the wonderful Sharon Parkinson of Patchwork on Parade. Sharon is one of the organisers of the Australian Machine Quilting Festival which is taking place here in Adelaide in 2 weeks' time - we are all looking forward to seeing Ricky here on the Friday - small world isn't it

Comment

It really is a small world now Robyn. Enjoy seeing Ricky it'll be great. What a fab quilt! I love your choice of border fabrics and the quilting is perfect.

Comment

Absolutely wonderful!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                Tell me...how did you maintain the " random-ness" ? Was there some method to the madness !!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Hey Robyn, what a wonderful quilt. That really came out fabulous!
                  Just checked out the howzat song on YouTube... I missed it at the time - but that was the year we moved to Canada and my older brother (who rather dictated my music tastes at the time) was still into the German charts... A year or so later we moved right on to ad/dc, to the point that every other itemi owned including most importantly my first car, was called angus... Yup angus was my man till the mid eighties!

All my best to scamp, hope he's having fun too.

Comment

What a fantastic quilt Robyn!!! Love the "scrappiness" but, at the same time,how by having red in the center of the blocks and the border "connects" it all. Have fun at the Quilting Festival

Comment

Beautiful quilt, Robyn! The red adds a wonderful sparkle and movement to all the other colors as well. 8)
                      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                        Absolutely wonderful!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
                        Tell me...how did you maintain the " random-ness" ? Was there some method to the madness !!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
                        Thanks - my only "method" was that there not be 2 pieces of the same fabric touching each other. I started out trying not to have 2 of the same fabric in one block but went a bit crazy trying to do that. I only used 3 reds for the centres of the blocks and tried to alternate them when I put it together. I am just so pleased that I have actually finished something :!:

Comment

Thanks so much for your kind words, girls I am so glad you liked my quilt
                          As I said, I'm just happy to have finished something. I have a lanyard which says "to quilt is human, to finish divine" which sort of sums up my philosophy :wink: but I am trying to finish a few before I start anything new.

Lotti - how cool are you - I must check out YouTube too - it will bring back memories :lol: . And I'm glad I'm not the only one who names cars. I had a Datsun Stanza many years ago - I called it Stan. Scamp is very well and still as cool as ever. He is asleep on my bed at the moment with his big "sister" Sandy the labrador - what a life!

Comment

Robyn,

It's gorgeous!

Lorna

Comment

Great quilt Robyn, love it and isn't finishing something wonderful 8)

Comment

Glad scamp is living the good life... That's my objective for my next or a future life, I hope to come back as a cat in a happy home with lots of sunshine and cozy warm quilts! Now how to achieve that...

Stan's a good name for a car.
                                Yup, my first car ( actually my dad's Oldsmobile that I had the use of during my late teens), was named Angus, his older sister, the one my older brother drove he named 'Sue'. Then I had a small little chef chevette named 'Billy'. A year or so after moving to Switzerland I inherited my grandfather's old Mazda, which was named 'Johnny'. Drove that for about a year and then it was violently killed by an old lady trying to commit suicide by jumping off the roof - she landed on Johnny's roof, (I was standing only a few yards from the car and had just been about to get in... Luckily I was delayed, or I would have been killed too. I later went to visit the old lady in hospital, and all she could do was yell at me for saving her life... Not a successful day all round - and the insurance claim took more than a year to settle because suicide is exempt... Then I got a new mazda, a little hatchback which was named 'johnny2'... He was fab, we went everywhere together and travelled all over the neighboring countries 'till one sad night my mom fell asleep at the wheel, mom fine, johnny 2 dead, motorcycle also dead, the knee of the motorcyclist could fortunately be reconstructed and he was completely fixed too. Then needed a new car quick - one that could accommodate my grandmum's wheelchair in the trunk and still have someone in the back seat (which frankly had been next to impossible in johnny2, so I got a second hand opel vectra (vauxhall to the Brits), 'Sam' was good to me too and much more practical for vacations, but unfortunately the rust got the better of him and I finally had to sell him, as he was declared unfit to drive in switzerland he was purchased by someone who drove him somewhere in the middle east. I then inherited my aunt's old subaru... This I promptly named 'Pepe' for peep-Le-pew the amorous skunk... Not because he's amorous, but he is rather a skunk... We had gone boating and transported a wet rubber dinghy in pepe after which pepe was stored in a closed garage for two months... The trunk still has a slightly moldy sniff to it three years on... And at the moment the battery is dead - result of me going off on a business trip and leaving the lights on... Going into the garage next week... The story of my life with my cars - not so cool - but I do seam to have some weird adventures...
                                Whenever my cousin's husband hears a wield car story, he alway tells them that they're still normal, the really idiotic things only happen to his sister Anne, or his wife's cousin... I don't know if I would agree with him :roll:
                                Have a great Saturday everyone!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X