[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx, Lotti, for posting the how-I-did-it! instructions! A picture is worth a 1,000 words!
    Shirley

Comment

Thank you Limbania, downloaded now officially trying out

It works - yeah...
      This little fellow is out of my 'beasties' file, and he was visiting my balcony one sunny sunday afternoon this summer :P

Comment

SOOOOO cute ! Love that birdie ! My hand is never steady enough !! :evil:

Comment

Thank you, Lotti, for the instructions and the little beasty photos too!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
            SOOOOO cute ! Love that birdie ! My hand is never steady enough !! :evil:
            DITTO! Lotti, the clarity of your close-up photos is amazing!
            Shirley

Comment

Thanks for your MO on the swirls Lotti - I remember you showing us this in Galway but it was good to be reminded. As for your feathered friend - he's adorable and you really do have a very steady hand. Shaun and I were in France last weekend and he was feeding pidgeons by hand. This was the best I could do - very hard to get a frenzied hungry bird to stay still! Within minutes we had a large flock around us - me and St. francis that is! :lol:

Meanwhile on the beach... a wedding party were convinced by their photographer that this would make a great photo for their wedding album :!: :shock: :lol:

The bride and groom smiled through it all....even as they dragged the now sand-laden dress back up the beach. It was pretty filthy by the time they reached the pavement again. And the groom's trousers were wet up to the thighs. And off they went leaving a very wet trail behind them. :lol:

Comment

Rita, Great photos. Yes, I have seen and heard about "trashing the wedding dress". Google "trash the wedding dress" and see what you get. But the way I thought it was done was that sometime after the wedding say the first anniversary the couple goes out in their wedding attire and photographs all sorts of surprising ways to trash the dress. In my day, it was take it to the dry cleaners and pay some enormously outrageous sum to have the dress cleaned and packaged in all kinds of acid free papers and boxes so that the dress could be saved for posterity. Younger generations throughout time have always found "in your face ways" to shock the old fogies. Actually, I think the practice is not all that bad. If that is the intention in the end, I'd stop and think twice about spending mucho $$$$$$$$$ on a dress. Afterall, $$$$$ and creative energy spent to create the perfect wedding has very little to do with marital happiness or success in the end.

Comment

Oh dear...I've never heard of 'trash the wedding dress"...kind of a waste. There has to be something rational between "Lois's version" and 'trash it' version of what to do with the dress after the day. I sold mine. It's green friendly - you know, reduce, re-use, recycle etc...

Love the birdies!!

Comment

I think the "green" version is the most sensible thing to do. Keeping it all wrapped up for posterity is silly and as for trashing the dress....? It's hard for me to imagine wanting to do something like that.

Comment

Never heard of "trashing the wedding dress", Rita--thanks for that bit of education! :lol: :lol: :lol: I do remember people carving out from their wedding gowns a first holy communion dress and then a baptismal gown for a younger child... what did I miss? How come I never heard of "trashing" before? :shock: :? Having said that, I have to admit that, had I been married in a wedding gown, the photographer would not have had to say it twice, we probably would have agreed to dancing and prancing along on the water's edge and in it! What great pictures of St. Francis' creatures!

Comment

Love those pictures... Especially that young fellow begging for all he's worth! Seems to be successful. I do hope that couple is on a trash the wedding gown stint,,, but it certainly seems an awful waste, would much rather sell and recycle if it was me :wink:

Comment

Considering the cost of wedding dresses I would have second thoughts to doing that, although there is the possiblity that it will clean up ok I would imagine salt water & sand easier to get out than red wine.
                          As for wrapping a wedding dress up and saving it, that is exactly what my mother did, and the result was that it was subsequently altered for both my sister & for me to wear to our weddings (fortunately mum & gran who originally made it didn't cut the waist darts, because both of us were larger in the waist than mum, and it needed letting out through there)

Comment

The couple in the photo had just been married in the church by the waters edge. If it was just a photo shoot for a magazine I would think it was okay but to have to spend the rest of your wedding day dripping wet doesn't seem like a good idea to me. As for the trashing of the wedding dress... well only our kids generation who have grown up with so much would think that was an okay idea. "The Disposable Generation' I call them. I guess 'make do and mend' will come round again sometime in the future. Meanwhile, my wedding dress (which was second hand at the time and advertised as 'worn for one day only' ) was dry cleaned at an exorbitant price as you say Lois, and is in my wardrobe awaiting it's next wearer. It could be a very very long wait. :|

Comment

I've read a couple articles about people photographing the trashing of their wedding dress and thought that's just dumb but dragging around a BIG sopping wet dress all day on your wedding day is REALLY dumb! Can you imagine how heavy that must have gotten? Geesh.
                              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

For my first marriage I wore a beautiful 12-yard bridal gown with a gorgeous lace bodice and long sleeves. When the marriage ended after 5 years, I donated that gown to our local church for their Christmas sale. I hope it brought happiness to someone who might not have had the opportunity to buy such a dress. I've never regretted that decision. Trashing a wedding dress today might be the fashion trend of the moment for young brides, but I wonder if it's any indication of how well the marriage will last. Time will tell.
                                Shirley
                                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34 users online. 0 members and 34 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X