[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

All those storms passed to the south of me. Hope you all weathered last nights storms safely and with no more power outages. Been busy catching up with tons of yard work after having visiting the Nevada desert. Central PA is hotter than the Nevada desert and it seems as though my air conditioning is deciding to give up the ghost. Lucky me, the sewing room isn't on the central system and has a window unit. I may be forced to quilt in spite of all the other work that's on my agenda. I did get UFO sandwiched and layered the other day. Take care everyone!

Comment

Renata - I'm glad you're safe and weren't too affected by the storms! How terrible! And I hope the neighbor's tree doesn't fall!

I'm glad you got a chance to try the rose. Those flowers really are a lot easier than they look! The funky version was one of the first FMQ designs I learned and, after I stepped back when the flower was finished and realized that it looked good with all different pedal sizes, I fell in love with them! But I've only had one project where they were appropriate so far. If the roses don't make it into this project, then they are now in your arsenal if you ever need them in the future.

I'm really excited to see how your quilt finishes up! I think the bright binding will be great.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks, Nancy and Lois! Nancy, I'm pretty sure the roses are going into my quilt now... I was just building more 'muscle memory' a few minutes ago and I'm truly enjoying it! Maybe this quilting stuff isn't too scary after all...

Comment

]I finished a bunch of tops lately- including the pineapple quilt! I had strips left over so made a back with them. Everything for this quilt was from my stash, including the quilt border and the yellow fabric used for the back! It's such a wonderful quilt, like Gyleen's but different,
          [attachment=1]{!-- ia1 -->pineapple front.jpg[/attachment

Kathy

Comment

Too cool! 8) Love the backing too!

Comment

Kathy, I love your pineapple quilt. I am in love with that technique. I have a top waiting for its borders but other projects and responsibilities keep jumping in line ahead of it. One of these days I will get to it. Your lovely quilt is very motivating.

Comment

It's wonderful Kathy!!
                Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Kathy - Your quilt is beautiful! Isn't it amazing what we can get out of our stash? I really love your backing.

Nancy

Comment

Cheers to you Kathy! Love it. Thanks for Sharing.

Comment

Kathy, your quilt is beautiful and so creative! Love how you used up more scraps for the backing. What a clever quilter you are! Thanx for sharing.
                      Cheers,
                      Shirley

Comment

Kathy, I love your quilt, and the backing. It's a great block to make isn't it? Will you do another?

Comment

About a year ago I made this pineapple quilt top, and some of you might have seen it on a blog I did about it at that time. It was put aside because of other projects and I just wanted to take a breather for a while during this summer. I've enjoyed reading along with and seeing all of your marvelous quilts inspired by Gyleen's fabulous TQS episode, book, and ruler. I plan to add a black Susan Cleveland-type prairie point edge to it to balance the 2 black borders framing the cheeries. So far, I'm thinking of quilting something circular...maybe a cross-section of a pineapple slice, or little pineapples in the black areas. I'm not wild about how the 9 tiny center squares turned out in the center blocks so I bought some gorgeous Swarovski square crystal buttons in clear, medium green and black to see how they will look (gasp! lol!) in covering up those uneven tiny squares. (Remember, I love bling and glitz...and it is a kitchen Christmas wall quilt!) :wink: I would really appreciate any help from you about the quilting. I use my walking foot a lot (another gasp!) because it's been about 5 years since I did FMQ and I need to get up to speed again. Oh, and I'll probably add tiny red, green, and white Swarovski crystals on all those tiny red dots in the black fabric.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
                          Hugs,
                          Shirley

Comment

Can't say much about quilting but have to say that you have just made a great Christmas kitchen pineapple quilt--bring on the bling!

Comment

Oooooooooo I love the colors. It looks great.
                              Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                                Kathy, I love your quilt, and the backing. It's a great block to make isn't it? Will you do another?
                                Thanks, all, for the nice comments! And in answer to Rita's question, I actually used up almost every scrap, so another would have to be from my uncut stash! MM, I guess I could do that, eh?

It was a lot of fun to make. When I got to the end of the quilt and still had a pile of strips, I just started sewing them together end to end, then cut them into same-size strips, and sewed those together. I was going to make squares alternating with the yellow, but when I saw the whole bunch of them together, realized that they wanted to be sewn together into one big piece!

So I have only a piece or two of scraps left. (except for the scraps from the 2011 BOM- I have a bag of those. Not sure what I'll do with those yet)

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 24 users online. 0 members and 24 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X