[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Okay, Count me in!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quiet and adventure you've had with your cars Lotti!

My car history is not at all exciting but, I do name my cars too. My first was a white Dodge Dart 1967, that I got in the late 80s. In great shape, one prior owner only, his name was Pirrurris ( was the name of a character from a comedy), although my friends used to call him "the Limba-movil". The second one was a grey Cuttlas1985, his name was Delfín (dolphin), got it in the early 90s. And finally in 1997 my first brand new white Chevy Monza, his name was monza (not very creative with that one, Goldie was a gold 2000 Rav4. Then came a blue Honda Odyssey 2004, Cielo ( heaven- because of the color and also because it drove like heaven) and currently a 2011 white Honda Oddyssey, her name is paloma (dove - yep it's a girl, so was Cielo). My Dad always names his cars so, my siblings and I always name our cars too. Wow this was a trip on "memory lane" lots of memories came to mind while writing this post

Comment

Robyn, just saw your pineapple quilt and it is so vibrant and beautiful--love the red centers and border that ties into it. Bet you're glad it's done and it is definitely great to look at! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
        Robyn, just saw your pineapple quilt and it is so vibrant and beautiful--love the red centers and border that ties into it. Bet you're glad it's done and it is definitely great to look at! Congrats!
        Thanks so much Renata!

Comment

Robyn, I love pineapple quilts. Yours is so pretty.

Comment

a while ago someone had asked me how i'm getting on with my handpieced Quilt-as-i-go b/w swirls...
            well - getting there - luckily i still have a few months until x-mas (they are supposed to be delivered on new years eve)...
            here a picture i took the other day when i hung them on the wall willy-nilly (the black-white swirls) so that i could see how to place the animal squares and how many more swirls i would need...

as i've been sewing these exclusively on the go - i'm quite happy with how far along i got... but might have to make some exceptions to sewing times to get them done...

as you can see, i need 7 more swirls, have to figure out what i want to do ab out the half-square in-sets - and most importantly - have to find a picture of my friends' old collie - foxy - he died almost 30 years ago - and the house they had lived in got burned down 20 years ago destroying all foto albums and keepsakes - but we will keep searching - and if i can't get a hold of one - i'll make another memorial square for him instead... obviously he's got the center square reserved for him .

Comment

Love the colors and what a wonderful memory quilt! Your friend will be thrilled! How very thoughtful of you!!

Nancy

Comment

Wow Lotti your B/W quilt is looking fantastic! I found the setting triangles hard to decide too when I did my Chocolate Decadence quilt. But you have got so much done I am impressed... and it's already quilted too! You will definitely have it done by Christmas.

Comment

Love your swirls quilt Lottie! It might have been me who asked how it was coming along because when you first posted it, I printed a copy of it and put it on my wall because I liked it enough to want to do something similar to the swirls. By the way, what was the formula you did for shades of color so that the swirls would come out like they did?

Comment

Lotti, not only is your quilt beautiful to look at, but it is sooooooo beautiful because it comes from your heart! Your friend is going to L-O-V-E it! Beautiful hand piecing! Lotti FOREVER!!!! (Translated: that means you get to design and make many more quilts! :mrgreen: )
                    Shirley

Comment

I was thinking of you Lotti. Have you seen the Beach Cottages Quilt featured in the daily blog?

What a fantastic quilt you're making. There's somenthing about black, white and red together, love that combination. And hand pieced too. Hope you find the picture you need. Your friend is going to treasure it!

Comment

Sure is nice, Lotti !! Makes me think of salt water taffy that my DH loves !! What a lucky friend !!

Comment

Thanks for all the fab encouragement sisters... You are a great support group - but we all learned that a long time ago!

Have also been admiring that beach cottage quilt and wondering if I will actually ever get around and actually make one... In the meantime my main objective is to buy Rita's sad litte beach hut from aaqi!

Renata, basically it's just a focus fabric in the center and then 1 1/2 inch strips in two fabrics, which I alternate as I go around...
                          I can't upload pictures from the iPad, will try to get to the pc before leaving the house this morning... But, gotta leave early as i Have to see my GP again for another blood test before going to work this morning

Comment

Lotti, you can download iCabMobil from the apple store. It's a browser that allows uploading photos, videos, etc. you can also download some things in your iPad. I use it only when I need to upload photos, the rest of the time use safari.

Comment

Great swirls Lotti and a lovely piece

Comment

ok folks, here's the step by step

click on the picture twice to get a full sized version...
                                yes they are two different blocks, i took a bunch of pictures - then forgot about it - so i started again another day

and here the how-to to sew the QasUgo-Squares together...

as you can see - i wasn't very careful at all about making the swirls the same - i.e. i sew as i go and according to mood - my seam allowance changes from this to extra wide - making the strips skinny or fat - as the case may be
                                as for the stitches when sewing the pieces together... no one will ever take such a close look again - although i will have to be a bit more careful when i get to sewing the proper pieces together... this first two were not ironed before squaring off - and were squared using a pair of scissors - so the others should improve

a key item to remember is: when you sew on the strips - once you get to the outer bits - remember that you will need a good half inch to turn under or fold over when sewing the squares together - so don't sew those edges together through the three layers, but take small backstitches on only the strip layer - this will prevent the seam from opening when working - and especially also one you have cut the edge off to square up all the squares to the same size...
                                does anyone understand what i mean - in the process i think i even confused myself and i've been doing these all year

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X