[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Rita ! What a glorious quilt you have made !! That border may have been a lot of effort :shock: but
    WOW! what a finish !! It deserves ribbons !!

Comment

Just beautiful Rita - love the shamrocks too!!

Comment

Thank you, thank you! I think I am mildly hysterical that I have actually finished it. And all quilted on a Pfaff Select 4 with no computer, no needle up/down and a harp space of about 6 inches. But the blanket stitching on the applique was done on a Janome Horizon. :wink:

Comment

Congratulations Rita. Oh my I am speechless . Dittos with all that has been said.
          Did you some coloring on your hummer bird?

Comment

Yes the bird was from a line drawing on an Ikea fabric, I just coloured it in, cut it out and stitched it down.

Comment

Just gorgeous!! Love everything...the quilting, applique and the precious hummer. Well done!

Comment

Wow Rita,

You have truly made it your own, I just love it you have done an exquisite job.

Comment

Rita, what a beautiful, beautiful quilt!

Comment

Bravo Rita! Your quilt is truly a Masterpiece.

Andrée

Comment

No wonder you've been quiet, it's fabulous. Well done all who contributed.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Oh my! How beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job on his Rita, and to think it only took 2 years! Love your hummingbird and all the pansies and clover you added. You deserve a big pat on the back and a nice long drink of your choosing!

Now, maybe this will inspire me to get my top off the design wall and under the needle...

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hate to ask.. but could you give us one more picture...a close-up of the alternate block and one
                          next to it with the name stitching ?? I'd really like to see how that all worked. Please ?? :?: :wink:

Comment

The battery is recharging in my camera Marilyn so when it is done I will take a photo. But if you click on the close-up I posted already and then click on it again you should be able to see pretty well what's going on there.

Thanks for all the lovely comments - I know you all understand just how much work is involved in making this quilt. I am pleased that I have a quilt that will hopefully delight somebody in my family for a long time to come. DH is taking me out to dinner tonight to celebrate. Even he has been aware of how much work it has taken. :lol: Michelle I will definitely have a little something to celebrate tonight. :wink:

Comment

Rita I am not sure thre are enough words to say how beautiful your quilt is. Masterful work. Stunning.

Comment

I did look closely at pic with hummer in it....maybe it is my screen res. not fine enough ! ops: ops:
                                Anyway..just beautiful....have a wonderful evening out !! I'll toast one nip from here ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X