[vb_main_1]

'Wot RoTT' exchange

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rita,
    I found it on The Quilt Show page that takes you to a smilebox video. Try this link - you might have to copy and paste it.
    Its a loooonnnng link. Hope it works
    http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open..._playback_link
    Lori

Comment

Thanks Lori, I hadn't seen that. Well Carol certainly got around Ireland! We met and said hello briefly in passing during the festival. And she had some beautiful quilts on display too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        I got two more baby AAQI quilts done and re-did Limbania's one which was too wide. I have 3 more reels to convert into baby quilts and then I can start on the real thing. These two reels are by Terri Rexford (Highland Lass 75?) and Elizabeth Wells (Scrappy?) not sure of their TQS names. I split the reels on the diagonals and then put them back together. It made one longer than the other.

Rosemary, I am looking forward to seeing your herringbone one, will you post a photo when you are done?

Happy quilting everybody.
        I've got it pieced....But not a clue how to quilt it and I am NOT doing SID! (besides which I pressed all the seams open, so I don't have a ditch to do it in! :wink: )

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Love it, Rosemary! Great colors, interesting texture.

Comment

Rosemary,
              It's a beauty! Great colors!

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                Hi Lori,

I am very glad to hear that Carol was able to get some good photos. The weather was so bad that I am amazed that she would have got anything other than rain and mist! Ireland is a beautiful country and we are a welcoming nation by and large (you get grumps everywhere) so come on over and visit sometime. I guess Carol must have posted the photos on facebook?
                Rita, the Smile box was in the latest newsletter and is now on the daily blog page: http://daily-blog/107-just-for-fun/1...ows-of-ireland

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Beautiful, Rosemary!

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                    Rita, the Smile box was in the latest newsletter and is now on the daily blog page: http://daily-blog/107-just-for-fun/1...ows-of-ireland
                    Thanks Margo, I got the weekend fun email this evening and saw it there. Nice to see Ireland looking good!

Rosemary, the herringbone looks fab. You could quilt fish all over it. :mrgreen:

Comment

Rosemary, that is so cool! or should I say hot with the yellow and orange. Definitely NOT stitch in the ditch. This calls out for overall quilting to hold down all those seams. how about loop-de-loops with fish instead of leaves growing out of them?

Kathy

Comment

Love the herring bone and the colours!! I am always amazed at how some of the most simple designs can have the most striking visual impact and texture.

Comment

I can't take the credit for the colours, which by the way are yellows & golds - not orange as the scan shows, because they were originally made by jvkorte/Joanie. Since she had used 9 strips per reel I was able to split them into 3 and have pieces 1 3/4" x 3 1/2" to build the pattern.

I have a couple of books on North Country Quilting Templates by Lilian Hedley, and have been thinking of using a pattern called the Weardale ring. added to which It could make a nice piece to work on tomorrow at a Vintage Fair my branch of the EG will be domonstrating. If I'm not making thimbles! I had originally thought that footprints in brown could be amusing, either human or dog, but couldn't work out a machine line for it.

Comment

Rosemary,
                            Your quilt made me think of this.
                            The streets of London are paved with Gold
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wh...on_and_His_Cat

And here are lyrics to a song:

The Way by Fastball

They made up their minds and they started packing
                            They left before the sun came up that day
                            An exit to eternal summer slacking
                            But where were they going without ever knowing the way?

They drank up the wine and they got to talking
                            They now had more important things to say
                            And when the car broke down they started walking
                            Where were they going without ever knowing the way?

CHORUS:
                            Anyone could see the road that they walk on is paved in gold
                            And it's always summer they'll never get cold
                            They'll never get hungry
                            They'll never get old and gray
                            You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere
                            They won't make it home but they don't really care
                            They wanted the highway
                            They're happy there today , today

The children woke up and they couldn't find 'em
                            They left before the sun came up that day
                            They just drove off and left it all behind 'em
                            But where were they going without ever knowing the way?

Comment

I googled Weardale ring and came up with the Welsh Quilting website, which is just gorgeous! It's like a rabbit hole, I want to just jump in and stay there a good long time. I keep saying that I want to learn welsh quilting which is so beautiful. My Grandmother's maiden name was Lanfear which sounds like Llanfair, a welsh name- so I may come by my welsh longings genetically!

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathyst2
                                I googled Weardale ring and came up with the Welsh Quilting website, which is just gorgeous! It's like a rabbit hole, I want to just jump in and stay there a good long time. I keep saying that I want to learn welsh quilting which is so beautiful. My Grandmother's maiden name was Lanfear which sounds like Llanfair, a welsh name- so I may come by my welsh longings genetically!

Kathy
                                :?:

Weardale is in North Yorkshire not Wales, and they are very distinctively different styles. This is the lady whose books I have for reference http://lilian-hedley-quilter.com/page4.htm including a book of of the designs for the quilt 'A Tribute to Mrs Yellowley' - a the bottom of the page.

Actually I should have said Weardale Wheel ops: but since it is a 6 division design rather than an 8 division I've changed my mind.

Thanks for the suggestions, but somehow I just cannot see fish on it, and I have tried - honest.

Welsh styles are also fascinating, and at some point I hope to get myself a book on it.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 183 users online. 0 members and 183 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X