Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Margo! I'll be right over! :lol:

Comment

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
        Well I think that quilt tops and finished quilts can go into the Show and Tell page so Renata you know what to do. Susan101 even though you did the same pattern as Edyta's I am sure it will look different because the fabrics we all used will be different and maybe your background fabric was different? I really look forward to seeing it. I wish I had a longarm...then I would be able to get it at the back of my cupboards more easily. :lol:
        Yes, Ma'am, getting right on it! :lol:

Comment

Just went to add my Wot RoTT quilt top and entries not allowed past the end date of 01/16/2013... :cry:

Margo, do you know who's in charge of extending the end date for the Wot RoTT Show and Tell? I'll be glad to send a note and ask if they'll consider it.

Comment

Hmmmm...Renata, I had not noticed that. I sent a note to John and he can direct the question to whoever needs to adjust it.
            Thanks!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
            That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Marilyn I have been doing my own thing for the applique borders and as a consequence it's taking a lot longer. :roll: But I am nearly there now. I did discover that I had cut my top and border fabrics 6" to small but as I was planning on doing cornerstones rather than one continuous piece top and bottom I have just extended the corners by 6" and appliqued over the joins. Bummer, but not the end of the world. I will post a photo as soon as I have finished.

Bren it's nice to hear from you and I am glad that you have finally got some rain - we have finally got some sunshine for the past few days - but brass monkey weather to go with it. It would be lovely to get sun and warmth at the same time sometime.

Susan, I believe the book had a temporary glitch and I don't know where it is now. Rosemary is gone on holidays for a week so we probably won't know until she comes back. Anyway, with so few completed quilts the book can't really proceed.

I would love to hear from some of the other members of this exchange and to see what you have done so far?
              Rita,
              I want to be in the book so wait till I get mine quilted...
              BRASS MONKEYS! YIKES I thought we only had those things in good old SD! Hee Hee!

Gorgeous today I am planting potatoes, and my strawberry plants...

Comment

Margo, you take such good care of this group! I miss you guys... I hope I can get on here more often.. hugs to all!
                Bren in SD

Comment

Originally posted by Margo
                  Hmmmm...Renata, I had not noticed that. I sent a note to John and he can direct the question to whoever needs to adjust it.
                  Thanks!
                  Thanks Margo and hope you're enjoying your Easter weekend!

Comment

Yes, we had a 'glitch' with the book, but I am managing to get it back together with the pictures side of things again. However Romira, who was entering up the recipes is having a bit of a busy time with 'life' getting in the way, so if anyone else wants to offer to help it would be appreciated. I won't be 'closing' the editing of the book until I get my quilt finished, and it is behind my Caught Red Handed quilt, which I want to finish & enter for this year's Great Northern Quilt Show which is held at the end of August.

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
                      Rita...The top is 47"x 54" now. I'm going to cut the borders 8 1/2 " as in Edyta's book. That
                      makes it 55" x 62" or there abouts ! I'm just am not sure I will use her figures , shapes etc.
                      May do something else.... :|

It's a good thing that I check my math !! Those borders wouldn't fit !! ops: :roll:

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

So I was having a look at the Show and Tell entries in various categories and noticed that there are only two - yes that's right only TWO (2) quilts on the Wot RoTT show and tell page. Is this possible? I know that I have seen at least four (4) posted on this thread. I mean, there were at least 82 people involved in this exchange or was it 126 Rosemary? Where are you all.... where are your quilts? WIPs? Anything, anybody? I am looking for a little company on this lonesome journey of completing the applique for this quilt. So wassup?
                          Well..................here's what I've come up with so far but I'm not happy with it

I started by making spools and didn't like them - so then I just put all the blocks together with white but I think it's a bit BORING!! and small too. So I'll do some unpicking (soon I hope). I really like the modern look so I'm thinking if I do a bit of unpicking to make random size blocks (maybe some 3x3, some 4x4, some single, etc) and put some grey in between (??) We'll see how it looks.............. Actually maybe I'll start that today as it's Easter Monday so I don't have to go to work (yay)

Comment

I really like it Robyn. But I will also be interested to see what you come up with as an alternative. Happy Easter Monday to you. It's still Easter Sunday here - for another 10 minutes.

Comment

Robyn, don't unpick it! When I looked at your quilt, my first instinct was to put a thin solid border around it, then create another border with blocks in white and shades of grey, the same size as the spools, that mimick the spool design but extend the quilt outward. If this does not make sense to you, but you are interested, let me know and I'll try to draw it up for you to see. I would try a primary color, like red, for the thin solid border and perhaps the binding too. Now, wouldn't that look modern?

Comment

What is "brass monkey weather"? It might help if I knew what a "Brass Monkey" is.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 185 users online. 0 members and 185 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X