X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And castor sugar? Lois

Comment

Originally posted by loise98
      And castor sugar? Lois
      Lois, caster sugar is somewhere between white granulated sugar and icing sugar. If you don't have any you don't have to use it or you can just use granulated sugar.

Comment

Lois,
        I found this on the web. It tells you how to make your own Castor Sugar. Don't you just love the internet?

Castor sugar may not be easy to track down, but it is easy to make. In fact, it's really nothing more than granulated sugar that has been ground to a super-fine consistency. Here's how to make your own castor sugar in seconds:
        Ingredients:

Granulated sugar
        Preparation:

1. Place granulated sugar in a food processor or blender.

2. Pulse until it reaches a super-fine, but not powdery consistency.

3. Allow the sugar to settle for a few minutes. Then, use in place of the castor sugar called for in your recipe.

Tips:

1. Sugar may etch your blender pitcher, particularly if it's made of plastic. If this is a concern, use a coffee grinder or spice grinder instead.

Comment

Rita,
          When you say "Make up to 1 lb with plain white flour", do you mean to combine white flour with the oat bran and wheat germ until you have 1 lb?
          karen

Comment

Originally posted by sugarmuffin57
            Rita,
            When you say "Make up to 1 lb with plain white flour", do you mean to combine white flour with the oat bran and wheat germ until you have 1 lb?
            karen
            Yes Karen!

Comment

WooHoo....just got an e-mail notification from USPS that a package from Lorna will be shipped 3/30/2012....we're getting close to receiving our reels!!!! Nancy

Comment

Karen, I think I can make Castor sugar. Now that I know what it is I believe we have it in our stores but its called superfine sugar. Rita, Isn't it funny how we all speak English but we can't understand each other's cooking directions. Lois

Comment

Sure is Lois. But isn't it great that we have this forum to iron out these problems. :lol:

Oh I sure am looking forward to those reels. I was playing with Patricia tonight (My new sewing machine) and discovered that I have a decorative spool stitch as well as a needle and thread and a scissors. I think that I will have to incorporate those into my spools quilt somehow.

Comment

Rita can you post a photo of your new stitches? I'd like to see them.

Nancy how do you get notifications from the USPS?

I can't believe I did it...... I just bought every one of the DVD's from "The Quilt Show" and...
                    a FULL YEARS membership!
                    "YIPPI YAHOO"!
                    Winter can start again and I'll be set! LOL!

70 something today on the ranch both temp. and wind speed.... you always know your in SD because the wind never stops blowing!

Comment

I can't believe the weather here either. It was 18ºC yesterday. That is our summer temperature if we are lucky!

And here is where I ran them together. Isn't it cute?

Comment

Originally posted by Reetzbobeetz
                        I can't believe the weather here either. It was 18ºC yesterday. That is our summer temperature if we are lucky!

And here is where I ran them together. Isn't it cute?

are you taking orders?

Sorry it has been a bit quiet from me - a couple of deadlines for this weekend including a very important birthday party! 8)

Comment

Do you mean that you are advancing in years yourself Rosemary? If so Many Happy Returns!

Comment

Rita, You make me want to play with my machine. Love the designs done in the varigated thread. Lois

Comment

Oh do Lois! It's all new and exciting to me. I watched the programme with Pat Holly again and what she does with her decorative stitches on her machine is amazing.

Comment

I don't have access to series 6. That will have to be next on my list to buy. I have been collecting the DVD's and have Series 1- 4. Why does the "I want" list never end. I am like a kid in a candy store. I need more eye candy. I need to create more eye candy. LOL. Lois

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 185 users online. 0 members and 185 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X