[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. All of the colors will be in the quilt. Thanks for your comments.

Comment

I enjoyed using the freezer paper method on the compass. I struggled with the houses and went to paper. Glad there are several ways to accomplish this project.

Comment

I’ve used two shades of Shot Cotton. But I feel like they iron puckery even though the seams seem okay

Comment

Your sky fabric is beautiful! Great choice!

Comment

This is my second Mariner's Compass that I digitized in my Bernina embroidery software and pieced in the hoop--just to see if I remembered how to do it. It still has to be done in wedges and then sewn together. Now I'm not sure which one I will use.

Looking out the window at Lake Leman in beautiful Switzerland

Comment

[quote="Libbi" post=154594]This is my second Mariner's Compass that I digitized in my Bernina embroidery software and pieced in the hoop--just to see if I remembered how to do it. It still has to be done in wedges and then sewn together. Now I'm not sure which one I will use.
              [/quote

Libby, Very creative.The red and black with the light background is striking. I am trying to remember the colors in the other one. Could you pot a picture of both and the houses near them? That is how I audition ideas. Looks great and I commend you for going out of the box with your technique. HelenW

Comment

Very creative and effective.

Comment

awsome!!!!!!

Comment

My compass finished . Have to go back and fix outer points so they will be points whe we add the road.

Comment

Originally posted by "Libbi" post=154594
                      This is my second Mariner's Compass that I digitized in my Bernina embroidery software and pieced in the hoop--just to see if I remembered how to do it. It still has to be done in wedges and then sewn together. Now I'm not sure which one I will use.
                      Love your choice of background fabric! Looking forward to seeing it with your houses.
                      -Terri

Comment

BethBell, I love your fancy compass. Did you fussy cut fabric or add more lines on the pattern? What is the diameter as it is?
                        I would probably adjust the road width, rather than a complete redo. But if you do a complete redo you have a beautiful compass that you can use in an project. HelenW[/quote]

HelenW, I just removed the center line from the background spikes and added more lines to the template for the striped fabric and the center star. Nothing is fussy cut... yet. I don’t think I’ll need to fussy cut anything for this BOM. The diameter right now is spot on 14 inches. I may redo, or just make the adjustment in the road. I’m thinking maybe some pretty little wildflowers along the curb!
                        Beth 

Comment

Originally posted by "Libbi" post=154594
                          This is Awesome! So, if it was in the hoop, does this mean the compass was appliqued down, or is this just a screenshot? And it will be done in the hoop in wedges? I admire your knowledge & creativity in being able to do this. I'm using Tim Holtz's fabric for my roads (looks like what you used in wedges). Thx.

Comment

Started to stitch my compass onto the wholecloth linen background last night with high hopes of getting lots done today. What is that about best laid plans?

Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

If you have a tracing wheel, it really helps to mark the lines on the freezer paper and get accurate folds. I am trying to add a photo not sure if it is working

Comment

All caught up! I love this method of paper piecing!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X