[vb_main_1]

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Please use this Topic to SHOW AND TELL your Mariner's Compass block!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

I decided to jazz it up a bit and make it more colorfu to go with my scrappy houses. Modified the spikes with inspiration from my Enchanting Stars. I still like using ALL the crayons in the BIG box.
    Beth 

Comment

• nmd3_2006
      nmd3_2006 commented
      Editing a comment
      I can not see any of the pictures people have posted ....does anybody know why? Thanks!

• soardkg
      soardkg commented
      Editing a comment
      wow fantastic

• sandragreen
      sandragreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Beautiful

Originally posted by "BethBellLavoie" post=154075
    I decided to jazz it up a bit and make it more colorfu to go with my scrappy houses. Modified the spikes with inspiration from my Enchanting Stars. I still like using ALL the crayons in the BIG box.
    Love this!!!
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• plcasassa
      plcasassa commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to know how you attached the stripe fabric. Beautiful.

Here’s my Mariners Compass. Kaffe Fassett fabrics with sunflower grunge background fabric. Picture looks distorted upside down.

Comment

Maworchid, Love your KFC compass!

Beth
      Beth 

Comment

I spent today making this compass - using the colors in the pattern kit. I struggled on the outer points. I suspect a tiny bit more attention to pressing when I made the sections would have helped. Indeed, the edge stitch foot makes it so much easier. I actually had to go buy one to upgrade to the right foot for my current machine. Well worth the price!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Here's my Mariner's Compass. Although it looks a bit plain on the white background, it really looks nice with the small houses I've already made. Thanks to Barbara and The Quilt Show for letting us get an early start on it.

Comment

Kbelgie, beautifully done! All your points are spot on, better than mine.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              North Alabama, USA
              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Here is mine. My first mariners compass. Love this BOM. Hard to wait for March
                Greetings from germany

Comment

All the fabrics used in compass have a silver sparkle...to go with the silver sparkle trees in upper village bkgd.

Comment

I had fun making the Mariners compass today, I was so intimidated, this has been on my bucket list for years. Thanks Barbara for the video tips. Now I’m going to attempt a tricolored one. This BOM is wonderful!
                    KANDY

Comment

I had fun today making the Mariners compass. I was so intimidated & spent many hours looking through stash & playing with crayons. Watching Barbara’s video helped to give me courage. This is my first m compass but def won’t be my last. Tomorrow I’m going to try a tri-color one.
                      KANDY

Comment

Nixe to meet another German quilter here. Like your fabrics.

Here is mine. My first mariners compass. Love this BOM. Hard to wait for March
                        Greetings from germany[/quote]

Comment

• tapestry1
                          tapestry1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          LOVE your background fabric!!

Something that helped me with fabric placement for foundation piecing. The first picture shows how to place the background using the foundation paper folded over. I use he folded portion to judge where to put my fabric—if you can see fabric opbeyond the paper, it will cover the area when sewn. I left some of it overhang in the seam allowance for the picture only. The second shows the block sewn. The third shows placing of the outside large wedge. The fourth is that wedge sewn.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 82 users online. 0 members and 82 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                        X