[vb_main_1]

Month 3--ask questions here

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 3--ask questions here

Small Houses 3 and 4 are here. BE SURE to WATCH the VIDEO BEFORE CUTTING anything. Some of the pieces are small--I increase their size to make it easier to work with them

My blog for MONTH 3 is up--take a look at it for written instructions with tips and tricks:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/20...d-month-3.html

There is another post on which you are encouraged to SHOW YOUR SMALL HOUSES--find it here:

Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Thanks Barbara....this is such a wonderful project and your instructions are very clear.

Comment

where do I find place to download and print Block #3, only able to get Barbara's wonderful instructional video? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by llyle View Post
        where do I find place to download and print Block #3, only able to get Barbara's wonderful instructional video? Thanks.
        Click on Documents, right beside Videos
        Barbara Black
        Huntsville AL

Comment

Barbara, is it possible to see a close up of your finished quilt, both front and back? I am curious how you quilted the final quilt top.
          I see details on roof and doors.. was this done before piecing together or in the final quilting? Thank you

Comment

• Barbara Black
            Barbara Black commented
            Editing a comment
            I will do a detailed blog post later this year on how I quilted mine. All the quilting details were done after the top was done and basted in 3 layers. The stitching you can see on the pattern cover page is the quilting on Wendy's sample quilt, all done by a longarmer after the top was complete.

Barbara Black

Originally posted by susanmcdonald View Post
          Barbara, is it possible to see a close up of your finished quilt, both front and back? I am curious how you quilted the final quilt top.
          I see details on roof and doors.. was this done before piecing together or in the final quilting? Thank you
          Susan, I will do a detailed Blog post with all my quilting choices--mostly, I used Wendy's quilt as a guide. All the details you see are quilting--the windows, doors, roof work, etc. This Blog probably won't happen before April or May.

The cover photo on each month's pattern shows how the original was quilted--by a longarm quilter in Australia. Her choices were great. I got to see the quilt in person last August at the show taping and mine was completely done by then. Her border quilting is really great. I will have details of that later too.
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL

Comment

Is the bias tape that will be used for the trees at some point available for purchase? The last time I looked I couldn't find it.
            BTW, these pieces are going together wonderfully. I love the technique and appreciate the videos.

Comment

I am unable to find the document button for this. It keeps telling me to join or renew my membership which is active until 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by jennafloyd View Post
              I am unable to find the document button for this. It keeps telling me to join or renew my membership which is active until 2022.
              Try logging out, then log in. You want to see your avatar and “Welcome jeanette F” on the left side of the Forum
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL

Comment

• jennafloyd
                jennafloyd commented
                Editing a comment
                Found it.

I'm finding that the background 6" block template is big enough for both pieces for house #3. I guess as these houses are taller there is less background above the roof needed.
              Last edited by Laceflower; 03-03-2021, 03:18 PM.
              Laceflower

Comment

I have cut off my top seam allowance on the background fabric. Will the tree top cover this cutting mistake? If not, should i sew an extra piece of the background on top? Help

Comment

Originally posted by kram20 View Post
                  I have cut off my top seam allowance on the background fabric. Will the tree top cover this cutting mistake? If not, should i sew an extra piece of the background on top? Help
                  Yes, Robin, the treetop will cover the top of the background. Watch the Month video where I explain that.

Barbara Black
                  Barbara Black
                  Huntsville AL

Comment

I am wondering how people are pressing the final seam joining the top two pieces of house 3. Are you pressing it open or down or up? Thank you.

Comment

This reply by moneil50 has been deleted by moneil50

OOPS! As a newbie....Is there supposed to be a 4" gap after sewing 2 pairs of houses together? Will seam allowance take this up? If not, what did I do wrong? Frustrated as I thought I followed the directions so carefully...

Originally posted by plcasassa View Post
                      I am wondering how people are pressing the final seam joining the top two pieces of house 3. Are you pressing it open or down or up? Thank you.
                      I had to look at my samples. With paper piecing that last seam is automatically pressed up toward the last piece. The treetop will cover most of the upper background so there i s no reason to press it in any other way.

Barbara Black
                      Barbara Black
                      Huntsville AL

Comment

• ccl16332
                        ccl16332 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am wondering what direction you ironed the seam allowance when joining of the houses into groups of 2. Directions just say "Press". It seems like there should be a preferred direction. I would also love a pattern of two sewn together to know the size. I think I will just draft one, but wish I didn't need to do so.
                        Last edited by ccl16332; 03-06-2021, 05:40 PM.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                    X