[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first time using freezer paper. Started the month #2 star today. Very intense for me but I'm enjoying learning a new technique!

Comment

Mariners compass complete! That’s was quick and fun!

I haven’t used my compass colors in my small houses yet and I’m really indecisive. Should I use them in my first circle of houses, or just my second circle of houses to make the compass really pop, or, neither circles or both?! :silly:

Comment

Spent a few hours today doing my Mariner's Compass.

Comment

Did I miss something? I thought the Mariners Compass came out February 4, 2021?

Comment

Originally posted by "KathKelly1963" post=154145
            Did I miss something? I thought the Mariners Compass came out February 4, 2021?
            Hi Kathy, They brought out early because of the new website. Go into BOM 2021 and scroll down until you find Month 2. Check out Barbara's blog also. It only came out early this week.

Comment

My completed mariner's compass; had a lot of difficulty in the beginning but finally got the hang of it. Barbara, your suggestion to baste the seams so that they match in the middle was an excellent idea. It worked wonderfully and the middle points match! My concern is that the longest points may be a problem when I sew the 1/4inch seam; it looks like they may get chopped off. Suggestions???

Comment

Paola, your center is perfect, good job. It looks like the seam allowances at the outer points were a bit wide, allowing more of the green and blue to show all the way to the edge. They need to be 1/4” back from the outer edge. Does your compass measure 14.5”, including seam allowances? If so, see if you can narrow the seams on the points that go to the edge. It still needs to be 14.5” unfinished.
                If you decide to make another one, be sure to check each wedge before removing the paper to be sure the point is 1/4” back from the edge.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara, for those of us that haven’t done the Mariners Compass, will you be going over it on February 4th?
                  Thanks

Comment

Rhondi, yes, we plan a LIVE for February 4. I will run the video made for the Mariners Compass and answer all questions.

They are fun to make and I am feeling the urge to make another one.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thanks Barbara! I’ve made it before but wanted to see your expertise!!

Comment

Finished mine. Great tips and videos! Decided on

Comment

• Elainem1
                          Elainem1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow. So bright and cheerful.

• heatherquilts60
                          heatherquilts60 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oohh!! This is a great idea. I love it.

love your fabrics, it's going to be a great quilt

Comment

Here is my mariner's compass. It's not perfect but I can live with it. I've made these before but had a bit of trouble with this one.

I bought the kit but I am so inspired with everyone using different fabrics.

Comment

It's beautiful!

Comment

Not stitched, but this is the first take of my wool felt compass. Points are difficult to get sharp so not even attempting to do the inner most points in two colors. Thinking about changing the two greens (which will be my trees) to house colors.
                              Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                              X