[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

MARINER'S COMPASS--SHOW YOURS HERE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasonal colors, I struggle a bit with the points going to the edge. It's hard to tell in this photo, but I think I have a seam allowance now.

Comment

Comment

My progress so far

Comment

• Barbara Black
          Barbara Black commented
          Editing a comment
          Linda, I love your compass fabrics, beautiful!

• tooonce
          tooonce commented
          Editing a comment
          wonderful job with color choice on your compass!

whoo hoo looks like they finally fixed the forum - except for the newest being at the other end.
          Last edited by tooonce; 02-28-2021, 11:37 AM.

• artfultoo
          artfultoo commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your fabric selections!
        This reply by quiltbobbin has been deleted by quiltbobbin
        Posted later

Click image for larger version

Name:	marinerscompassrsz.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	882694 Here's my mariners compass. I live in an area where we see northern lights (North Dakota) and my husband and I enjoy photographing them. I used a batik that I thought resembled the aurora.

Mariner's Compass with Houses 1 and 2

Comment

After uploading my photo yesterday - the quality was not good and the center was really out of alignment which i hadnt noticed till i looked at the photo - so take 2 i redid the centre and then retook the photo. Interesting that to the eye it looked OK but in the photo it was woeful.

Comment

It's not perfect, but I am ever so proud of it. My first compass. My first time matching points.

My next goal is not to be finishing this month's house on the last day too.

Comment

My first Mariner's Compass. I have started another one since the points don't match well but not excited. Maybe I can put a circle of fabric in the center.

Comment

My Mariners Compass is flannel raw edge applique, with a ultrasuede eagle landing in a tree. We have a tree in our bay called
                the eagle tree, and it represents that. The blue represents the water and fish in the bay. HelenW

Comment

Comment

Here's my mariners compass. I live in an area where we see northern lights (North Dakota) and my husband and I enjoy photographing them. I used a batik that I thought resembled the aurora

Comment

• 1stFridayGirl
                      1stFridayGirl commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Beautiful pick of colors and your reason for picking your ND northern lights sightings! I'm in the same state, two many other lights to see them. Finishing up other projects before starting to color my world!

Checking what time is stamped on my post (This is Capt'n John's test name)

Comment

Here is my Mariners Compass block I completed last week. The background is gulls.

Comment

Here is my Mariner's compass. I liked the idea that someone had to do the points a few different colors. Looking forward to making the rest of the houses this weekend.

Comment

This reply by artfultoo has been deleted by artfultoo

Always the rebel. I made this for the centre instead of the Mariner's Compass.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                      X