[vb_main_1]

Bom

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bom

Anyone paper piecing instead of using freezer paper? What do you think?

I am doing raw edge applique with flannel, but in my opinion, if I were doing it, I would paper piece. I have made a number
    of circular type quilts and getting the exact 360 degrees when the 32 houses go together is critical. Since the freezer paper has you sewing beside the line instead of on the line, I would think it might not be quite as accurate, but our fearless leader, Barbara Black
    was able to do it and make it work, so my opinion is possibly just lack of experience in the freezer paper technique. HelenW

Comment

Several people have said they are doing “regular “ paper piecing, rather than using freezer paper. I am more accurate with regular paper piecing but like the freezer paper for the speed of printing and not having to remove paper or use small stitches. Try several methods to see which you prefer.

Barbara Black
      Barbara Black
      Huntsville AL
      https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by d.t.whiteman View Post
          Anyone paper piecing instead of using freezer paper? What do you think?
          I am paper piecing using newsprint and very happy. Can see the advantages of the freezer paper method but I am an old dog, happy with small stitches, using a topstitch needle and paper coming out when I don't want it to... This is a fun quilt, perfect for my first project since my husband died last year. It is being made out of my stash, lots of scraps getting used. I bought the kit and wish I could find someone who is looking for one.
          One promise I made to my husband was to cut my stash back SIGNIFICANTLY as we both knew that I was going to sell the house and move, and having quilted for nearly 40 years the stash is toooooooooo big. Have made big donations to Linus project and friends. Wish I knew someone who wants fabric for Quilts of Valor, as I have a healthy RWB collection. oops, I have digressed.
          The small houses are going together great old paper piecing style, look cool on the wall.

Comment

How do I find the pattern for month 3? Is it Template? Document? Pattern? Where is it?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 58 users online. 0 members and 58 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
            Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
            X