[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will not matter, you will be hard pressed to notice that from 6 feet away. I alternated a few of mine in the sample quilt and I don’t think you can see it, but you welcome to try. Mine is the blue border one.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Having so much fun I decided to do some minis. Three inch finished size. HelenW

Comment

Helen, you are amazing.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Beautiful blocks!

Comment

Wow! That's impressive.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I did the same thing without realizing it. I only had a couple of squares that were wrong, so it was easy to reorient them.

Comment

All my blocks for this month.
                I’m doing rich colours and brights on a mixture of cream and bone backgrounds.
                All needle turned applique blocks.

Comment

Last year I made Edyta Sitar's Dresden Blooms quilt. My daughter in law loved the prints and vibrant colors of Edyta's "Jelly Bean" fabric line used in the quilt. BUT, she needs an over-sized queen quilt for their bed and that completed quilt is not large enough. So, my plan is to use every single smidgen of leftover fabrics from that quilt and work it in to this beautiful pattern, plus fabrics from my stash. She does not sew, but is so appreciative of the time and love that is put in to these projects, and cherishes the quilts she has of her great-grandmother. I will be enlarging this quilt for her. I used needle turn applique for my applique blocks and enjoyed every relaxing minute of it!

Comment

NanaPie, I love your blocks. Beautiful!

Comment

Beverly, we will look forward to seeing your large version of Afternoon Delight. Your blocks are lovely and needle turn--wow!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Hi Beverly, your blocks are beautiful, the colours are absolutely gorgeous. As you know Beverly I love applique but I do find piecing challenging! I started my blocks yesterday and thanks to Barbara's fab instructions/demo on TQS I managed to make 2 of the Shoo Fly blocks, what is even more of a miracle they actually measure to the correct size (Yippee).
                        Did I tell you that I have finished the top of the Hugs and Kisses quilt?
                        Love Pam x

Comment

Thank you, Pemela! I'm having fun with this BOM. We can do it, girl. It makes my heart happy you've finished the Hugs and Kisses quilt top and you know why! I hope you will post a picture of it when you can. I am sure its absolutely beautiful. Hugs to you, Pam.

Comment

A happy coincidence! I have admired Sue Garman's work for many years. Just prior to the New Year, I viewed the "Afternoon Delight" quilt at the New England Quilt Museum as part of an exhibit of her work. To have this quilt be the TQS 2020 BOM is icing on the cake. I love the timeless appeal of this beautiful folk art quilt and look forward to spending pleasant time on this project knowing there is a TQS support system of advice and tips in place

The blocks for January are attached.

Comment

Chrys,
                              Wow! I really like your choice of fabrics.
                              Beautiful work. How did you applique yours?
                              Judy!

Comment

Beautiful, chrys!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 40 users online. 0 members and 40 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X