[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished the fourth applique block today. After seeing last month's blocks, I decided to make a change to how I will be using my stash fabrics. This meant remaking last months Shoo Fly blocks and I still have to remake last month's busiest block in order for it to match my new changes. Yes, I'm making it scrappy, but I need a bit more order to it than most

Comment

Deb from Toronto
      Thank you very much! Helen W had asked about what applique techniques were being used, and my note to her on January 31st (message #146592) describes what has been working for me thus far. Each block has been either a skill refresher or a new learning experience

Comment

Your blocks are fantastic! you are so positive and encouraging, you must be a teacher! Thank you for your great insight and color sense.

Comment

My February applique blocks are done.

Comment

Laurel,
            Your blocks are beautiful. What applique method are you using?

Judy

Comment

I decide to do all of my shoo fly blocks. Totally scrappy from my stash. Also completed the applique blocks using the appliquik tools. All hand appliquéd. That took quite awhile! But I’m happy with the end results.

Comment

I decide to do all of my shoo fly blocks. Totally scrappy from my stash. Also completed the applique blocks using the appliquik tools. All hand appliquéd. That took quite awhile! But I’m happy with the end results.

Comment

Needle turn applique. I use freezer paper on top.

Comment

I am now working on my Shoo fly blocks.

Comment

I am working on my last Feb. applique block. This has been a fun project. I am practicing my skill for needle turn and glue stick
                      seam turned applique, even though I am using my machine stitched raw edge fused technique for the actual blocks that going in the quilt.
                      HelenW

Comment

I have finished my 4 applique blocks for month 2. I am really enjoying the applique. I have some projects I was nervous about doing as they were all applique, but now I'm looking forward to doing them. I have to work a bit on getting the pieces not to move when I am fusing them down (I'm using double sided fusible). The small circle on one of the blocks is slightly off center. I guess it will make it really scrappy. I particularly like how the double blanket stitch looks with the 80wt thread on raw edge applique. Now on to the Shoo Fly blocks. I'm hoping to finish all the remaining Shoo Fly blocks before the end of the month. We'll see!

Comment

I finished the January blocks. The applique blocks haven't been trimmed to size yet.

Comment

Glad you figured out how to post. Photos don’t appear in the preview.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

January and February appliqué blocks with all nine of the Shoofly blocks.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

They all look great, Margo!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                                North Alabama, USA
                                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 51 users online. 0 members and 51 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X