[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anabeth, Lol. Hoping to get both quilts done this winter.

Comment

Same here, Anabeth and jansk44! Made me feel good to know that. I have the borders put together, but still need to applique them, then put it all together. I just love the quilt. My New Year's resolution for 2017 was to finish it up. I just might achieve it.

Comment

Originally posted by "Anabeth" post=142523
        Wow -- Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't finished the alphabet quilt!
        You are definitely not alone, Anabeth! I still need to make and put on the last border (I decided to change the bottom portion of the border from what Janet had envisioned because mine's a Christmas version).

Comment

So glad to know I am in such good company, I too have not finished the alphabet quilt, like many, that last border is still waiting!! Love seeing everyone's progress on the Halo Medallion, still plugging away!
          Pat

Comment

I love looking at everyone's pictures. It's amazing how wonderful this quilt looks in each and every colorway. I finished all my delectable mountain blocks and just had to put them up on my wall to see how they look. I'm loving them. I'll use green for the spacer and maybe purple for the outside border. I'm already planning quilting ideas in my head. lol

Comment

PegJo what a wonderful quilt. Congratulations on your progress. I am just finished my curved flying geese and now to assemble them. I did one, and what a waste of fabric if you do them the way Sue shows. Yours must be the first one near completion.

Comment

Beautiful...I really need to get caught up....love your colors.

Comment

Now that I've printed out month 11 (still sewing month 9 though), I'm looking a lot harder at your idea. I like not having those center seams, IF I can carry it off...

Comment

Beautiful! What size did you cut your squares to then split into triangles? You may have posted it, but I am new to the forum. Thank you for your assistance and for sharing your insight!

Comment

I made my triangles in the final border with the center seam like in the instructions. I had a limited amount of the focus fabric and didn't want to try making them seamless and mess it up and not have enough. With the fabric print I used and the center seam pressed open you barely see it. Once I quilt it I doubt it will be visible at all.

Peg.

Comment

Pegjo, it is stunning. Beautiful piecing.

Comment

Barbara
                          “ your quarter inch difference is easy to fix. I suggest you check each seam that joins the Curved Flying Geese blocks--the blocks should be exactly 5" when sewn into the border. You will find a couple that are slightly wider than that and if that is the case at the outer edge, just snug those seams up a bit to remove the extra 1/4" across the entire border. You don't have to take the border apart, just look for the places where the outer seam allowances are a bit narrow. Most people find their problem at the beginning and/or end of the seams when joining blocks.”

Thanks, this was helpful,did as you suggested. Now it seams my center of the quilt is 1/2 half inch larger than the borders. For some reason (getting old) I did not measure through the center of the quilt at each stage,nor did I check to make sure it was square. Not happy so will probably take it apart and sew it back together correctly unless you have a better solution. Here is the quilt..

Comment

Jan, I am flying home today from 13 days in Houston—I will respond tomorrow

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Wow! It's looking gorgeous!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I am still slogging my way through the curved flying geese and hope to have them on the quilt later this week.

Sharon in, it supposed to snow tomorrow, Colorado

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X