[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Show and Tell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mlongstreth - such a smart idea. I will do that too when I get to that part. Love your quilt.
    Heather Penwell

Comment

Anabeth - reading further, I realize you came up with the idea to use full triangles! All the same, thank you for sharing as I will copy that great idea.
      Heather Penwell

Comment

Super Idea. Are you still using the paper piecing technique?

Comment

Great idea! My friends and will be doing this with our quilts too. Thanks for the photo.

Comment

Hi dahlialady: yes i paper pieced. i needed to modify the templates slightly to make assembly possible

I finished and didn't run in to any trouble with the different method.

Comment

I'd like to thank 1945quilter formher guidance on the 'square in a square' type blocks. The pinwheels almost did me in. They were all (and more) done but I just wasn't happy with my piecing. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it hasn't taken everyone else as many hours as it has taken me to get this far.

Comment

PBLBJL, I really like you square in a square border. Great idea. It's not nearly as busy as the pinwheels.

Comment

Yours looks wonderful. It is called String of Pearls. I hAve the delectable mountain blocks done and corrnor stars, just waiting for the floater info. Can't wait for the finish!

Comment

1945Quilter your quilt looks great. I love the string of pearls. If I didn't have most of my pinwheels done, I would steal your idea. I have 12 more curved flying geese to do. I am finally getting back into the groove. Too many other things going on.

Comment

Looks good. I'm working on my string of pearl border. What Block sizes did you use for squares and triangles?

Thanks.

Marti

Comment

I use the "snow ball" method. Cut 4 2 inch background and 4 1.5 inch color and snowball one corner on each background. Then sew the four together and that block should be 3.5 inch square. I usually iron all my seams open to make the block nice and flat. Good luck. I like the results.

Comment

Here’s a photo of my quilt so far.

How ever I have a problem need ideas. Two adjacent sides of my center measure a quarter inch larger than the other two sides.
                          51.25 inches and 51 inches. Triangle border (short side) measures 52.75.

It would be hard to change the center, would like to adjust the floater to square the center. My brain just isn’t working this morning. Hope this email makes sense!

Comment

Jan, your quarter inch difference is easy to fix. I suggest you check each seam that joins the Curved Flying Geese blocks--the blocks should be exactly 5" when sewn into the border. You will find a couple that are slightly wider than that and if that is the case at the outer edge, just snug those seams up a bit to remove the extra 1/4" across the entire border. You don't have to take the border apart, just look for the places where the outer seam allowances are a bit narrow. Most people find their problem at the beginning and/or end of the seams when joining blocks.

I hope this helps. You "could" create two different size floaters but that would be my last resort for a 1/4" difference.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Wow -- Interesting to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't finished the alphabet quilt!

Comment

Thanks Barbara,
                                Think I am going to give your suggestion a try.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X