[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita, congratulations on your new machine. You may have told in another thread which model you got, but I don't have time to read everything these days, so please tell me. Your house quilt is adorable

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Charae, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

I believe Rita got a Bernina 750QE. It certainly suits her well!!

Comment

Sorry Norma, I was too busy to respond for a while there. Yes Nancy is right it was a 750QE. And I am loving it so far. :cheer:

Comment

March assignment is almost done - only missing the little squares border (which will be paper pieced).

My hexies flowers are bigger (I used 1/2"), so I made the leaves a little bigger as well. And I pieced the heart using 60 degrees diamonds.

Andrée

Comment

Andree,
              How cute is that!
              Judy

Comment

That's just lovely. The heart is so special.

Comment

Andree, that is so sweet! I love your colors, and the way you handled the heart is charming. I am in awe of your half-size work; just the thought of handling such small pieces makes me break out in a cold sweat.

What method did you use to produce such slender bias stems?

Barb in Alabama

Comment

That is so pretty Andrée. I love the heart.

Comment

Beautiful Andree

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

It's beautiful, Andree! That heart is simply amazing!

Comment

Thank you all for you nice comments.

Barb: This is how I made the stems. I cut bias 3/8". I trace the inner curve of the stem on the fabric. I stitch the bias, right side facing the background fabric, on the line, at one third of the bias - one third being where the stem will be, and the two thirds outside the stem (I think I will need to post picture of this, I'm not sure I'm explaining clearly). I use a "back-stitch" and not a "running-stitch" to do this. Then I fold and finger-press the 2/3 over the seam allowance - this is where the stem is created, and I turn it over the seam allowance and blind-stitch. The resulting stem is 1/8".
                          I'll post pictures tonight...

Andrée

Comment

Beautiful, Andrée! Your heart truly looks like it belongs in the French countryside!

Comment

Thank you, Andree, that makes perfect sense. I couldn't imagine making bias to be 1/8" (finished) with a Clover tool, or the Perfect Stems tool either because of the bulk. But basically you are 'seaming' it to the fabric placement line and then 'blind-hemming' the other edge.

I think (if I am reading correctly). It's still teeny tiny stuff but sounds more manageable to me.

Love what you are doing!!

Barb in rainy but relatively warm Alabama, hallelujah

Comment

Yes! That's it.
                                The trick is to stitch it first on the INNER curve, so that when you fold it, it "spreads" like a fan - it will make the process easier than the other way around.

Andrée

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 69 users online. 0 members and 69 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X