[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on keep up :lol:

Sorry Lois can't risk chunky legged foxes round here. They are beautiful creatures and I wish them no harm.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

But Wendy, the fox running off with the chicken on its back is so perfect for your quilt. Trace it, draw it, use fabric pens to get it on there. Figure it out! The sheep are nice but the fox is perfect for your piece.

Comment

Love it, Wendy!

Comment

Looks great!

Barb :-)

Comment

But Lois mixing foxes and chickens makes me go cold. However now I've drawn it out it's made foxy a lot less scary perhaps I'll sew him for you, my fox has lost his teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=129964
              But Lois mixing foxes and chickens makes me go cold. However now I've drawn it out it's made foxy a lot less scary perhaps I'll sew him for you, my fox has lost his teeth.
              No teeth sounds good. But I think the really cool thing is that the chicken riding on his back has outfoxed the fox which is pretty amazing. Chickens don't get alot of credit for being real smart with their pea sized brains and all. I would think you would want to edify a chicken who could out smart the creature whose name is synomous with being crafty and smart. Just saying...

Comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Lois, you're so right, but I don't think my 6 year-old grandson would agree with you. A fox recently helped himself to one of the family's chickens, and my son and DIL asked me about how to explain death, especially untimely death to a 6 year-old. ops: So, based on personal experience, I would not mix chickens and foxes on Wendy's quilt.

By the way, He's taking a chicken to school on Wednesday for show and tell. The teacher wrote a note to his mom and said as long as she comes to take it away right after show and tell, then he would be allowed.

Hope some other kid doesn't bring a little fox!

Comment

Barb - I love your house! Yes, I'm just at the window treatment now. I think I'll go by your style - "good enough, move on"

Comment

Thanks Terrie!
                      9 patch tomorrow.

Barb

Comment

Are you doing half size Terrie?

Comment

Barb: I love your house, it is colorful, and I especially love the "rainbow" insertion.

Thank you all ladies for the English lesson, I didn't know what a stile was, and a special thank you to Lorna for Hadrian Wall pictures - It brings back sweet memories of our 1995 trip...

Wendy - your sheeps are adorable, and your Golden Gate blocks are amazing... I should be doing mine soon...

Andrée

Comment

Thanks Andrea for the compliment! Your 1/2 size measurements are very helpful.
                            Barb

Comment

GOLDEN GATE BLOCK
                              Finished block size: 4-1/2" x 4-1/2"
                              From raw edge to raw edge: 5"x 5"

Cutting instructions for one block:
                              Patch C (center of the block): 2" x 2"
                              Patch D (HST) (oversize) 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 - I cut mine at 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" which was way too much - we need to have 2" HST)
                              1 strip 1" x 9" (oversize - true measurement is 1" x 8")
                              2 strips 1-1/4" x 9" (oversize - true measurement is 1" x 8")

For the strips, I decided to cut them 9" to have "room".
                              I also cut the outside strips 1/4 inch wider, just in case I needed to adjust.
                              Once sewn together, I measured 3/4" from the center strip and trimed. The resulting strip will measure 2" wide. Then cut 4 pieces 2" each.

Make the HST, and cut them at 2" x 2".

My first block :

Andrée

Comment

Thanks Andrea - very helpful!
                                (I can't believe I'm actually doing this).
                                Barb :-)

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X