[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Rosemary, that sounds yummy. Sounds like something we used to make in Girl Scouts in the campfire. Was it called a banana boat? If I remember you slit the banana still in it's peel, stuff it will chocolate pieces and...(can't remember what else, perhaps mini marshmallows and nuts?). Then wrap in in foil and put it in the coals. yum, yum, yum!
    Almost as good as somemores.

Comment

Yes, it is a recipe I came across when I was in the Girl Guides, I think we just called them baked bananas and they are definitely better done on a campfire B) Just try not to burn your fingers or tongue when eating them

Comment

Finally, here is month 1 (my "dream house" based on a "Château" picture), sitting on my next round's fabric..... And before Month 2 instructions are out! :woohoo:
        I know I have to embelish that "sky" with some embroidery, or I will leave room for "nice" quilting - if I ever can get to that :lol: !
        I want to wait until this quilt develops a bit more...

By the way, the next round of little squares is 36 x 36 - so for us, it will be 2 strips of 34 squares (17" finished) for the top and bottom, and 2 strips of 36 squares (18" finished) for left and right sides. I might as well prepare this and be ahead. Month 2 looks like a lot of appliqué (and I think I will give hand appliqué a try).

Andrée

Comment

Really beautiful color combinations, Andree.

Comment

Very nice Andree - I'm still on the fence but sure
            feel like diving in!
            Barb

Comment

Very nice, Andree! I like your dream house.

Comment

Love it, Andree! Your bright colors are beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful, Andree!

Comment

Now there's a dream house B) Love the colours

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

The perfect dream house, Andrée! Love how it came together, even more than the first house you made (although that one was lovely too!). B)

Comment

Thank you again for your nice comments.

The first house I made will become a mug rug... good practice for hand appliqué...

Andrée

Comment

Love the colors..can't wait to see how this progresses !!

Comment

Beautiful Andrée, love all the colours and the house.

Comment

Just want somebody to double check this with me. For the vine border in the half-size measurement we will need

2 borders - 2 3/4" x 17 1/4"
                              2 borders - 2 3/4" x 12 1/4"

Is that right?

Comment

Rita, shouldn't it be 2 borders 3x17 1/2 and 2 borders 3x12 1/2?

The way I calculated it was to, first, take away the 1/2" seam allowance, then divide what is left by 2. Then I add the seam allowance back in. So, for example, if the first full-size border is 5 1/2 x 34 1/2, take away the half-inch seam allowance from 5 1/2, it leaves you with 5. You divide that 5 by 2, which gives you 2 1/2. Now add the seam allowance back in and you have 3.

Now do he same for the length of that border 34 1/2. Minus the seam allowance is 34. 34 divided by 2 is 17. Add back the seam allowance and you have 17 1/2.

Anyone else want to pipe up?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 65 users online. 0 members and 65 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X