[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita,

The finished size is going to be 2-1/2 all around. So, If you cut exactly the correct size (and not make it oversized like I plan to), you will need:
    2 rectangles - 12-1/2 x 3 (for the sides)
    2 rectangles - 3 x 17-1/2 (for the top and bottom)

Since the little squares fray, I plan to cut that round oversize (by an inch), stitch it to the center block.

I cut mine oversized:
    2 rectangles 12-1/2 x 4 (for the sides)
    2 rectangles 4" x 19-1/2 (for the top and bottom)

The stitch to the center block. Once I appliqué all that I can, except obviously what will overlay the last little squares border, I will cut to the "correct size" - 17-1/2 x 17-1/2, then add the little squares border, and appliqué the last pièces.

Makes sense?

Andrée

Comment

Thanks for reminding me about "oversize," Andrée, a very good idea with appliqué!

Comment

Renata, you are correct with the measurements.

At that size, when it frays, just one thread is a lot! :silly:

Andrée

Comment

Yep ! My measurements, too....I have little take-up with fusible applique.and stabilizer.
          Haven't built the little border squares yet. Prob'ly paper piece to for stability.

Comment

Marilyn,

I paper pieced mine, you are right, it is more stable... (and I didn't have to worry about accuracy)

Andrée

Comment

Ladies thank you! So glad I posted the question. Not too hot on the maths. :blush: Thank you for your advice I will take all of it. :cheer:

Comment

That's Ok, Rita..You can sing !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Renata - love it - keep on going!

Andree - Thanks for the math - although I'm doing the big (regular) one. I may try a little, small quilt someday, and will look to you for support!

Rita, as long as you can sing, let someone else do the math. I have sons who are good at it and when I have a difficult (for me) quilt-math type question, I email them both and say whoever answers the fastest gets homemade cookies from me!

Let's share some cupcakes for February!

Comment

Thanks for the cupcakes Terrie, they are the best kind, no calories! :cheer:

Comment

Just what I needed with my cuppa after a walk this morning. Thank you

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Month 3 – Heart and Flowers

Background border:

If you follow the instructions and have it in 2 pieces, then you need to cut 2 border strips 6” x 15” (5” from raw edge to raw edge + 1” extra) x ( 14” from raw edge to raw edge + 1” extra).
                        If you want to cut it in a single piece, the FINISHED size is 4-1/2” x 27, from raw edge to raw edge it will be 5” x 27-1/2, with the EXTRA 1” for handling : 6” x 28-1/2”.

Back in January, I had to travel for my son’s basketball game. I prepared.... 1/2” hexies for the flowers (should have been 3/8”).... So my flowers will be bigger... about3/8” all around...

Got a lot of appliqué to do... I haven’t finished last month’s work yet....

Andrée

Comment

Thanks Andrée. Your hexagon flowers look lovely, I think I would do them bigger too.

Comment

Thank you Rita.

I don't think they will fill too much space, anyway, they are all completed. No time to start all over... :silly:

Andrée

Comment

Cheers Andree I must get on with Feb. I love your hexies

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I have taken my mini-BOM as far as I wanted now. I have made it into a wall-hanging for my sister who has just moved into her new home. Thanks to those of you who helped with sizes. This is the first quilt to be quilted on my new Bernina. I will get better. :unsure:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X