[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This just gets better and better, Wendy! You mention the cockerel and how you think maybe he is too dark - I love the intensity of his coloring. He is, after all, king of all he surveys, right?

I hope you are planning to enter this in shows when you are done. I suspect it will walk away with prizes!

Barb in Alabama

Comment

Wendy, The only styles I've seen here are in nursery rhyme illustrations. We certainly don't have them over ponds, large or small, and especially not over the big one.

Comment

silly Rosemary!

I've changed the cockerel Barb he needs to know his place.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Well...we do have stiles/styles...in some places here....we just don't call them that I think.....my Dad called them "step-overs"
          and I think it matters where and what kind of fences you have and the need for crossing over !! Anyway....sure is cute, Wendy !!

Comment

Actually I remember a stile at my great grandparent's farm in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was on the back fence so I climbed it to get to the neighbor's house to play with the kids.

Comment

It's from a photo I took on a womble last weekend. Derbyshire stile.

Thanks Lorna, when I put stile and USA in google it came up with anything but bits of wood nailed together.

Comment

Knickers, sewn on squares border without trimming applique strip to size first. Here we go again where's my ripper inch: :angry:

Comment

Finishing house block getting ready to tackle the 1" nine patch block. (I've only redone the house windows 4 times). :-(

Comment

I feel your pain. Keep going Barb Can we see it?

Comment

Wendy! Your April rendition is delightful and an English lesson to boot. I never knew what a stile was, except that's where the crooked man found a crooked sixpence. It sure would have been appreciated when crossing barbed wire. I could make it through a 3 wire fence in my youth, but n-e-v-e-r had a small enough bum to clear the space between a 5 wire fence. I probably still have marks to prove it! Anyway...your stile, cockerel, and dog are top notch!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Here's month one almost completed!

Comment

Humm I'll try that again. Here's month one almost completed

Comment

I love your bright, cheerful colors, Barb! I took forever with those windows, too. Finally decided to go with the rustic, country look -- read, I said "good enough~move on"!

Comment

Charae - yep decided the same thing re the windows "good enough to move on".
                              Barb

Comment

Your windows look great, Barb. And I love the smoke coming out of the chimney. Your colors are wonderful.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X