X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rita what stabiliser did you use?

Andree thank you, I love your block

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Wendy, I used the C&T Wash Away Fusible Sheets. I got a packet on Amazon but I see now that there are none available. But really, any fusible stabilizer will work, it's just that the sheets are handy because they will go through the printer. Having said that, I did not print out the applique because they were not available on a separate page but rather included in on several pages along with the main house block so I just traced them from the paper printout. You could also use Ricky Tims Stable Stuff and just glue it down with a Pritt Stick or glue pen. I definitely found using the cocktail sticks and glue pen worked best for turning the applique prior to stitching it down as well.

Comment

Cheers Rita

Comment

I just got a new Connecting Threads in the mail....also on line...they have the applique paper from C& T.
          I've used others..like it the best. Stable Suff is a bit soft for my taste !!

Comment

their was discussion about the roof line and the scallop edge. I found some ric rack to use there. Will post pictures once I figure out how to do it.
            denise

Comment

Great idea Denise. I think I might attach some over my facia as it is meant to be a Christmas quilt so white rick-rack will be good. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

My house is done and the 9 patches are too. So far mine measures 12.5 square. While not perfect, I'll accept what I have done. Once the rest is added on, it will muddle the flaws.

Thinking this is so cute, that no matter where we stop it will make a real nice wall hanging.

Comment

Well done, I like your sheep fabric.

Comment

Very cute, Denise! I agree that wherever we choose to stop, it would make a nice wall hanging.

Comment

Lovely Denise. I also agree about the wall hanging.

Comment

Love what you did, Denise. The windows look like they reflect a blue sky and the colors you chose for your nine patch blocks really frame the picture well! Nice work!

Comment

Love it, Denise! It will definitely look good wherever you stop!!

Comment

Denise, that is lovely. Very well done!

Andrée

Comment

It's the same fabric I used for the sheep in the TQS BOM for 2014...I'll have to save as much as I can in case the 2016 BOM has sheep in it!

denise

Comment

Yikes I thought 9"was a big block until I started this!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X