[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Half-Size Measurements

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barb, I love your red house! I agree with everybody, it's so joyful. :cheer:

Terrie, I cut out the correct size from fusible stabiliser and then glued the fabric around it which made for much neater edges. I then drew my stitching lines (with a frixion pen) 1/8" around the outside edges and then spaced my window pane dividers between those drawn lines. Once I had it figured out for one I did the same with the rest. I hope that helps.

Comment

It's wonderful, Barb! So bright and cheerful!

Comment

Thanks Terrie, Wendy, Rita and Nancy re my red house! (The roof is red, house is more rusty colored).
        Wendy - picture taken with my iPhone, colors are not quite as bright. Hadn't considered a dragon I bet my 8 year old grandson could design for me!
        Terrie - So far I'm using iron on interfacing to back the tiny applique pieces. I machine stitched a 1/4" grid on the window fabric before appliqueing to the house.

Barb :-)

Comment

Barb, your house makes me really smile! I love the colors you've used, too, Rita! Happy, happy, happy!!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Thanks Charae!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

NIGHT VISION BLOCK

Finished block size: 4-1/2" x 4-1/2"
              From raw edge to raw edge: 5"x 5"

Cutting instructions for one block:
              Patch C (center of the block): 2" x 2"
              Patch D (HST) 2-3/4 x 2-3/4 (oversize)
              Patch E (“half HST”) 4” x 4” (oversize)

Using 2 D patches of each color, make the corner HST. I pressed the seam allowance out towards the corners. Trim them 2” x 2”.

Then, instead of using 1 E patch of each color and cut it twice on the diagonal, I’d rather use 2 E patches of each color and make 4 HST, and trim them to 2-3/4” x 2-3/4”.
              The seam allowance of this HST should be pressed towards the color that will be “inside” (the darder red in my photo).

Then I cut each on the diagonal. I will use 4 “halves”, 4 halves will remain and can be used somewhere else (in the second block, maybe).

Then, I cut 2 D patches on the diagonal (light green) and sew to each QST (red).

Trim the 4 patches to 2” x 2”, making sure the center is aligned on the 1” mark.

Place your patches and sew in rows, the seam allowances will “nest”.

Press the seam allowances of the top and bottom row towards the exterior. Press the seam allowance of the middle row towards the center.

Then sew the rows together. (the seam allowance will “nest” here too). Then on the back, you can “split” the seams and make them “turn”. No bulk...

My finished block

Comment

Thanks Andree, you've given us lots of tips as well as instruction. You've made the block look beautiful with your colours

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I've been off the "circuit" for so long and have missed so many great postings! Wendy, your fox and hen are beautiful and I LOVE the background fabric you used. Rita, you know how some quilts "sing?" Yours "dances" too, the movement in your quilt because of the colors you chose is delightful. Barb, I agree with others, the red house makes it such a joyful centerpiece!

Andrée, thank you so much for keeping up with the instructions for the half-sized quilt. I often learn something new from what you take the time to share!

Comment

Thanks again and again Andree for the 1/2 size instructions! I agree with Wendy you block and color choices are beautiful!

Comment

Hurray - Here's 1/2 size completed month 2!

Comment

Barb, that is AWESOME!

Andrée

Comment

Thanks Andree!
                          I tried to add to picture to Feb 2015 group but had no success I'll try again in the morning!
                          Barb

Comment

Ooh Barb all those little squares, perfect

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Love it! It's so happy!

Comment

It's beautiful, Barb! So bright and cheery!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 238 users online. 0 members and 238 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X