[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Basket Puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Alex for all your great teaching on the last three quilts. I have learned a few things, and remembered things I have forgotten. Karen

Comment

having trouble adding picture??

Comment

Originally posted by "quilter150" post=150512
        having trouble adding picture??
        Use the Search box up top. Type Photos to find many posts on how to do this. If you are following the steps and your photos don’t attach, they may be too large. Resize smaller and try again.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Trying a different layout, but I need to make more baskets.

Comment

Any ideas for a border?

Comment

Any ideas for a border?

Comment

Sue Gee--I like the layout with the baskets right side up.

Comment

I just want to say how much I love these projects and how much I've learned. I've had some success posting photos of my work for the Kaffe project, I've not had a very easy time for this project. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I did want to mention to Alex that I love her pinning method for matching points, and I discovered an easy trick that lets you remove the alignment pin before sewing. I just finished a Storm at Sea wall hanging and every point was perfect (except maybe one or maybe two, but they were close enough)! After I aligned the points and put the pins in !/16th of an inch on either side, like you said, I carefully remove pin and immediately use the QS purple pen to place a dot in the hole where the pin came out, then sew on the right edge of the purple dot. Love this method! Before this I rarely got my points right.

Comment

Having fun adding to my collection. Using up my hand-dyes. Notice on the yellow basket I had to paint on polka dots to get better contrast. Also, I pieced the checkerboard for the body of the orange basket.

Comment

Having trouble determining what size to square up half square triangles. ie. Basket E calls for 2 3/8. What oversize size do I acutally cut? and then what size to square up to?

Comment

Beautiful rainbow of baskets!!

Comment

This would be 1.5” Finished so square to 2”.

Oversize to 2.5” squares at the beginning.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          North Alabama, USA
                          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Cjyork-

Cut two squares 2.5”. Right sides together. Mark a diagonal line, sew a scant quarter inch on both sides of the diagonal line. Cut on the line, press and square up each of the 2 resulting patches to 2”.when sewn in, they will finish at 1.5”.

Comment

I’ve sewn forever and have only been quilting 4 years. I’m more of an art quilt quilter, however I’ve told myself that I need to challenge myself with new things. Well let me tell you this sure has been a challenge. My points by no means are prefect and the sizes well they aren’t prefect either but that’s ok I’m having fun. These are the blocks that I’ve done so far. The fabrics are various Tula Pink, V and Co ombre with gold dots, and Jane Sassaman hand dyed.

Comment

nice

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X